You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

lakeshore parks, which one to go to?
06-24-2015, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2015 10:58 AM by ST_ShoreFisher.)
lakeshore parks, which one to go to?
Hi,

I am thinking of finally wetting a line this evening somewhere in the GTA..I would love to target pike, but I'll take bass as well (I believe it's open season for them in L. Ontario, correct?). I am just catching (hopefully!) and releasing.

I was thinking the islands, but if the fishing has been good closer to etobicoke, i'd do that. anyone been out to those parks lately? Marie Curtis, Col. Sam Smith, Humber bay, etc?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2015, 10:23 AM
RE: lakeshore parks, which one to go to?
Well, i hurt my foot an hour before i was planning on going. no way i could have walked 2+hrs at the Islands, so I scouted Humber bay east and west for a little bit. not much, since i was walking with an extreme limp.

humber east looks dead, brown weeds and algae by the small, blocked off 'ponds'. where they drain into the lake, it also looks pretty dead. saw a guy fishing with his little kid, didn't catch anything.

humber west might be better. i am just not sure if the water off the rocks holds fish. looks like the depth drops off, but not sure, and not sure if there's structure. lots of wave action..I will give it a go sometime in the evening, when my foot heals.
hoping maybe for smallmouth, pike and maybe walleye. all depends on what the structure/bottom is. i'll see if i can find a depth chart online.
06-25-2015, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2015 10:57 AM by Randy.)
At Humber Bay East Park, there were a lot of bluegill last year in the landlocked pond. I've never caught anything in the pond with the floating bridge but there are videos online of fish caught there.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the mouth of Mimico Creek when you say "water off the rocks". But if that's what you're referring to then I have tried there once and only caught a goby near the shore. There didn't seem to be anything at the mouth apart from them. There are carp upstream of there, closer to the entrance to Humber Bay Park West near the pedestrian bridge.

Report back how it goes.
06-25-2015, 11:04 AM
(06-25-2015 10:56 AM)Randy Wrote:  At Humber Bay East Park, there were a lot of bluegill last year in the landlocked pond. I've never caught anything in the pond with the floating bridge but there are videos online of fish caught there.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the mouth of Mimico Creek when you say "water off the rocks". But if that's what you're referring to then I have tried there once and only caught a goby near the shore. There didn't seem to be anything at the mouth apart from them. There are carp upstream of there, closer to the entrance to Humber Bay Park West near the pedestrian bridge.

Report back how it goes.

i attached a pic and circled the area i scouted..was thinking that in the evenings fish (walleye?) may come in.

read somewhere that the mouth has a silty bottom. hoping the area i scouted is far enough away that there would be fish-holding structure.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

07-06-2015, 03:31 PM
i tried the spot circled in the attachment last night, 7:30-8:15. I know, not a long time, but I was pressed for time. Not a bite or nibble. lots of styrofoam waste thrown on the ground, so people have fished here. I am probably fishing here at the wrong time

Attached File(s) Image(s)

07-06-2015, 09:36 PM
(07-06-2015 03:31 PM)ST_ShoreFisher Wrote:  i tried the spot circled in the attachment last night, 7:30-8:15. I know, not a long time, but I was pressed for time. Not a bite or nibble. lots of styrofoam waste thrown on the ground, so people have fished here. I am probably fishing here at the wrong time

I've never been to that area but I've fished north of there close to the pedestrian bridge across the creek. Carp were definitely there last year and I believe I've seen a video this year of carp being caught near there.
07-07-2015, 10:33 AM
i've never carp fished before, i may give it a try this yr.