You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Non-operating provincial parks
07-27-2016, 12:03 PM
Non-operating provincial parks
I have a general question regarding non-operating parks.
The website is not clear, the way I read the page the park is open and people can go and use for day use, but not for camping etc, just do not expect working facilities such as toilets.

Am I understanding this correctly? Has anyone visited one of these parks for fishing?

I was thinking of going to Queen Elizabeth Park but don't want to drive up there for 2 hours only to find out I was totally wrong.

Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2016, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2016 02:39 PM by OldTimer.)
RE: Non-operating provincial parks
Government websites are not 100% up to date every moment.

The most up to date and correct information I would imagine is available from the provincial park's office.

Perhaps you should call or email them.................... Info on this specific subject, gleaned here, may be totally unreliable and wrong.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-27-2016, 10:14 PM
There is no one universal set of rules governing every provincial park, even within categories like non-operating. But you can almost always enter and fish in a park.

In some you can camp and in some you can't. In Queen Elizabeth II Wildlands PP, yes you can camp, and it's free. You're supposed to camp on designated sites, at least if you're on a lake where they've signed campsites.

What non-operating provincial parks typically have in common is that they're free to enter and they don't provide services/facilities. Very rarely is fishing restricted as a matter of provincial park policy, though of course some parks may be subject to fishing regulation exceptions that you'll find in the regs summary. And motorboat use is often restricted as a matter of provincial park policy.

If you want to decipher the rules for a particular park, read its management planning documents at https://www.ontario.ca/page/provincial-p...-direction .
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tweedwolfscream for this post:
observer135 (07-29-2016)
07-29-2016, 05:59 AM
Awesome post, thank you for the info and the link.
I'm not a camping type nor do I own a motor boat.
All I'm really interested in is shore fishing. I guess I'll be checking out this park next week.