You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

question everyone
05-23-2012, 07:54 PM
question everyone
What is being caught in Cayuga and what baits work and don't anything would help thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2012, 09:35 PM
RE: question everyone
(05-23-2012 07:54 PM)Jeff Christian Wrote:  What is being caught in Cayuga and what baits work and don't anything would help thanks.

Did you get a chance to go? What did you find?

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-27-2012, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2012 02:25 PM by OldTimer.)
RE: question everyone
Hey Jeff,
Never really did any fishing in the immediate Cayuga area – but have seen a few places that I found interesting to me.

Here’s one:

I took the pics below (Sept 2009) from a NEW small public park that had good parking, picnic tables, and a rotunda on the Grand River’s edge (city side). We enjoyed a nice lunch here on a driving adventure.

Have no idea if the fishing be any good there – at the bank it was shallow – but looked like it had deeper scallops out a ways……… with wet wading , who knows? It’s on my list to try later sometime this summer (for bass). I will advise that casting from shore here might be quite frustrating to most sane humans.

As the river heads towards Dunnville the depth increases just a bit, but it widens, and the current wanes. Northwards about half way to Caledonia you begin to have an increasing mix of shallow riffles intermixed with the occasional mid depth depression.

More info on the Grand and it’s fishing here:

http://www.grandriver.ca/index/document....1=0&sub2=0

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user