Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: How to catch nightcrawler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found this video really useful.

Don't use a bright flashlight or a headlamp. Red light is best. The worm can see the light and they will run back into the burrows if you shine light on them. If you don't have a red light and absolutely must use a flashlight or headlamp, shine the light horizontal to the ground so you only get a bit of "glow" on the ground to see the worms.
In theory, the night crawler is not sensitive to red light but white. however, from my experience, not all night crawlers are sensitive to white light. some of them will disappear quickly,but some lazy ones will just move a bit. those reluctant to move are enough for me.
Some nightcrawlers dew, some don't.

However they all avoid early birds unless they can worm out of it.

OT
(05-06-2013 03:27 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]Some nightcrawlers dew, some don't.

However they all avoid early birds unless they can worm out of it.

OT

Groan...
Ya get what ya's pay for.............. smile.........
I picked about 50 nightcrawlers in one night last summer... after about an hour or so on my hands and knees... not the most pleasant experience, but it was very addicting.
you can get the worms to pop during the day.

If your lawn is adquately moist...

sprinkle around a little bit of dish detergent, and water it in, within 20 mins, even during the day, you will have worms popping out..
Deja Vue ........... or an echo..........

http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum/Thr...hing-worms

OT
In my yard, I can only seem to find worms which are skinny and short, I'm guessing they're not Canadian nightcrawlers. Do nightcrawlers which are sold at most bait shops exist in most areas in the GTA or are they only in certain areas?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's