Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A FUN 2014 BASS SEASON
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I still have plenty to learn and I can't wait to do it all over again next year Smile
Nice video!

I had a lousy bass season... by choice Wink I did not spend time targeting them this year. My regular spots were off because of high water and flow and I did not spend much time find new spots to target them at as I was busy with out quarry.

Looks like you had a good number though!
I did ok.

One big mistake I had was not casting more. I focused more on the bass that I can see and cast too.

I need to work on breaking down an area and just fish.
It's not quite over yet!! This year I "rediscovered" bass per say. They've been a dream target of mine when I was a kid. I sort of overlooked them since I discovered fishing for trout, bass carp, redhorse etc.... but there's something special about being out on a warm summer night fishing a topwater...
(11-22-2014 04:27 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ].... but there's something special about being out on a warm summer night fishing a topwater...

Yep.

Daytime too...

Cheers,

OldTimer
Did anyone do any end of season bass fishing?

On saturday I went to a pond that I frequent for bass and only to find out that it was fully covered in ice...womp womp.

(11-22-2014 04:27 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]It's not quite over yet!! This year I "rediscovered" bass per say. They've been a dream target of mine when I was a kid. I sort of overlooked them since I discovered fishing for trout, bass carp, redhorse etc.... but there's something special about being out on a warm summer night fishing a topwater...

This is something I would like to do for next season.
I tried for a bit on Simcoe last Sunday, but what was working earlier in November wasn't working anymore.
Bass season is just beginning...

[Image: 15405042163_6f755553c5.jpg]

[Image: 16022730051_2997d10cbe.jpg]

[Image: 16024656685_d7372c6933.jpg]

[Image: 15405038413_4ecdb63fc6.jpg]

I beat up on them real good over the weekend. Well over a dozen bucketmouths, with some kicker species in the mix as well. Some of the best hardwater bassin' I've ever done.
(11-22-2014 10:20 AM)instapump416 Wrote: [ -> ]I did ok.

One big mistake I had was not casting more. I focused more on the bass that I can see and cast too.

I need to work on breaking down an area and just fish.

I would rather sight fish for them. I get more gratification knowing that I can catch a specific fish that I can see, especially if the water is clear enough that the fish can see you too.
(12-15-2014 07:08 PM)Eli Wrote: [ -> ]Bass season is just beginning...

[Image: 15405042163_6f755553c5.jpg]

[Image: 16022730051_2997d10cbe.jpg]

[Image: 16024656685_d7372c6933.jpg]

[Image: 15405038413_4ecdb63fc6.jpg]

I beat up on them real good over the weekend. Well over a dozen bucketmouths, with some kicker species in the mix as well. Some of the best hardwater bassin' I've ever done.

Yeah, no possible for us in Zone 16 Sad I have caught a few bass during early ice over the years while targeting pike though. Somehow, these bass always forget that there is a layer of ice on the surface...because a majority of them will try to jump and I can feel the thud under the ice Big Grin
Great outing Eli!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's