Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: May 12 OSF Meet-up Tommy Thompson Park
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It's getting about time for another get-together! And what better occasion than the Saturday May 12th Pike Opener for Zone 16.

With free parking and admission, we can explore the beautiful expanse of Tommy Thompson park:

[Image: TThompson41c.jpg]

For more information about this park, check out MikeH's article:
http://fishontoronto.com/fishing-tommy-thompson-park

I'll be driving down from Markham, so if willing parties would like to split gas let me know! I'm planning to be at the front gates for 8am.

[Image: Northern.jpg]
And of course beginners are welcome. I'd say at a minimum you'll need to bring:

-A rod you can comfortably cast and retrieve repeatedly
-Some fishing spoons from dollarama (they have some nice new shiny ones now)

In case we fish the inner cells of the park, if you can replace the big trebles on those spoons with single hooks of about the same size you might be better off. There are a lot of snags in there.
Where good walking shoes, its a 5k hike down to the lighthouse and 5k back, not counting any fishing diversions into the cells and bays. Some of the woodland areas and banks around the western embayments will be posted as out of bounds from April to September, due to nesting birds.
(04-27-2012 01:11 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]And of course beginners are welcome. I'd say at a minimum you'll need to bring:

-A rod you can comfortably cast and retrieve repeatedly
-Some fishing spoons from dollarama (they have some nice new shiny ones now)

In case we fish the inner cells of the park, if you can replace the big trebles on those spoons with single hooks of about the same size you might be better off. There are a lot of snags in there.

Yey! it seems I will have my first "lesson" Big Grin

I am in Thornhill, I think I will drive too...
aswsum picture first of all!!...i love pike!..so beast! hahaha

alright..i wont be in markham..since im moving to scarborough tommorow. Kennedy and 401. will try for my car..so hit me up if ride needed..if not. Il have to find a ride with someone..will split gas! Smile

cant wait!
(04-28-2012 11:20 AM)prime89 Wrote: [ -> ]aswsum picture first of all!!...i love pike!..so beast! hahaha

alright..i wont be in markham..since im moving to scarborough tommorow. Kennedy and 401. will try for my car..so hit me up if ride needed..if not. Il have to find a ride with someone..will split gas! Smile

cant wait!

I wish I could take credit for the pic Tongue. 2 for 1 fish! The power of bait fishing (albeit unintentional Big Grin)
just dt, too close
Sorry guys...gonna miss this one too Sad I'm at UWO for a symposium that weekend.
Hopefully I can manage to find a decent bike by then, but I think I can make it to this one
(04-30-2012 05:27 PM)bettercallsaul Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully I can manage to find a decent bike by then, but I think I can make it to this one

I got a pretty decent bike, but I am not sure how am I going to carry my tacke box!

I have a Plano 6134 pretty much loaded! Undecided

BTW folks, what kind of baits are you carrying on for this exciting day?

I am still a bit confused...
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's