Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Swan Lake Fishing Un-Banned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
haha, I don't want to be upside down in a pond.

(10-18-2012 10:50 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2012 12:14 AM)onwind Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you guys learn canoe?

You don't have to learn it, just paddle paddle paddle Tongue. Just need 1 guy who knows how to steer.

A few years ago I was camping with some members of the school's Dragon Boat team. They challenged the rest of us to a canoe race and told us they'd "teach us how to paddle after then won". They sure knew how to paddle, and nobody on their team knew how to steer LOL. We won, easily Tongue. And they were sad. Big Grin
I Grew up going to summer camps,

I have experience with canoes when the time comes, In 2013, we can setup a day, and all learn how to drive and steer canoes, plus other safety tips,

Like how to right, a flipped canoe in open water and then get back into your canoe.

I can obtain 4 canoes, depending how many want to come out for the day, we might be able to run with just the 4

~Jeremy.
(10-18-2012 05:52 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote: [ -> ]I Grew up going to summer camps,

I have experience with canoes when the time comes, In 2013, we can setup a day, and all learn how to drive and steer canoes, plus other safety tips,

Like how to right, a flipped canoe in open water and then get back into your canoe.

I can obtain 4 canoes, depending how many want to come out for the day, we might be able to run with just the 4

~Jeremy.

I'm so down for this, I've canoed a few times but never far from shore. I'd be nice to learn from someone experienced.

Giuga10
Jeremy, you're awesome.

(10-18-2012 05:52 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote: [ -> ]I Grew up going to summer camps,

~Jeremy.
The last time I Heard Jeremy You're Awesome,

Was when I Helped do this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xLPQ6skQS0

I Participated with this past years Markham fair security, I Also Had the opportunity to have my friends, "FUTURE HISTORY"
And "USS" Play At this Past years fair,

While the concert was happening,
I was congratulated by an elder of the fair commision shaking my hand and saying, "JEREMY YOU'RE AWESOME" ....

Lets all work together to create a group that wants to create a better fish management plan for the future of the rouge river system....

~Jeremy.
why only catch and release? that means the ban was not because of ducks but to save fish spicies.....
(10-22-2012 12:54 AM)shuntoo Wrote: [ -> ]why only catch and release? that means the ban was not because of ducks but to save fish spicies.....

It's catch and release because they have realized that the fish are not safe for consumption. But Yes it was originally for conservation of ducks.

Giuga10
So - more fish for the ducks to eat?........... smile..............kidding.
I went Carping at Mount Joy Pond today and once I was done I thought I'd check out Swan Lake because I had never been there before.

Well I have some good news guys!!

THE SIGNS HAVE BEEN REPLACED!!!!! Big Grin They are now, no fish consumption signs.

I fished there for a bit and got a couple bites but nothing caught. I talked to some residents and they told me that they have seen people fishing there.
I cant wait to go out for a good fishing session one day.... Maybe tomorrow? Anyone wanna come?

And how does a OSF Swan Lake meetup sound Big Grin.

Only trouble is the Swans. Whenever they see people they think they are going to feed them so you gotta make sure they dont notice you Tongue I had to move spots today because they swarmed me Big Grin

Thought I'd share the good news,
Giuga10
Thats Great news.....

when the time is right,

This should be a great Rainbow trout fishery.

Its great for Large mouth Bass in the summer too...

Catfish are Very common here too...

time to get the canoes out... Wink ....

~Jeremy
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's