Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Swan Lake Fishing Un-Banned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Looking forward to a meetup there.
I had been there two weeks ago. Jigging at the deck, the crappies were biting like crazy, I got one almost every cast. They were all released.
(05-09-2013 05:42 PM)tangpierre Wrote: [ -> ]I had been there two weeks ago. Jigging at the deck, the crappies were biting like crazy, I got one almost every cast. They were all released.

Awesome! Catch anything else? Almost time for Carp.
Good stuff tang! Love the purple/blue colours on the last crappie shot.
(05-09-2013 06:31 PM)Giuga10 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2013 05:42 PM)tangpierre Wrote: [ -> ]I had been there two weeks ago. Jigging at the deck, the crappies were biting like crazy, I got one almost every cast. They were all released.

Awesome! Catch anything else? Almost time for Carp.

I also caught sunfish and catfish, small ones, from another pond on the right side of the path.
Been to this location a few times. I mainly cast from the wooden dock. Seems everytime I go the clouds are out and rain is misting. Oh well, anyways thought I would chime in. At the wooden docks where the water fountain in the pond is, that area seems to be a hot bed for catfish. I fan casted 180 degrees with a splitshot, worm/corn, bobber, and hook and each time I got cats about 6" long. When I used the pickeral rig (2 hooks) I ended up hooking up 2 x ~6" or smaller cats half the time. Not sure that is a breeding zone for them. I know the dock can provide shade for the fish so I figured I'd at least get a few different fish biting. I would say I was casting in the 2-4meter range.

I have done a dropshot rig and a pickeral rig with ~1-1.25oz sinkers with a worm out probably 7-8ft with worm/corn and only caught catfish as well as far as I can recall. Will have to check my photos later as I may have caught a crappie fish as someone posted above.

How deep is the lake and the depths in different sections? Are boats allowed? (ie inflateables/canoes/paddle boats/cycling boats?)
(10-17-2014 10:02 AM)Aquaneko Wrote: [ -> ]Been to this location a few times. I mainly cast from the wooden dock. Seems everytime I go the clouds are out and rain is misting. Oh well, anyways thought I would chime in. At the wooden docks where the water fountain in the pond is, that area seems to be a hot bed for catfish. I fan casted 180 degrees with a splitshot, worm/corn, bobber, and hook and each time I got cats about 6" long. When I used the pickeral rig (2 hooks) I ended up hooking up 2 x ~6" or smaller cats half the time. Not sure that is a breeding zone for them. I know the dock can provide shade for the fish so I figured I'd at least get a few different fish biting. I would say I was casting in the 2-4meter range.

I have done a dropshot rig and a pickeral rig with ~1-1.25oz sinkers with a worm out probably 7-8ft with worm/corn and only caught catfish as well as far as I can recall. Will have to check my photos later as I may have caught a crappie fish as someone posted above.

How deep is the lake and the depths in different sections? Are boats allowed? (ie inflateables/canoes/paddle boats/cycling boats?)

Any of the muddy ponds in that area are hot for brown bullhead. A worm on bottom will produce one in short adieu in the summer. Not so much in the fall I've found.

Like the other muddy ponds around there, it's not deep. I ice fished it with Jeremy a while ago and I think the deepest spot we could find was about 6 feet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's