Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: You gotta love the shore fishing in Ottawa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Earlier this week I caught a 30 inch Pike.

Today I caught a 49 Musky... I also caught mitful of Perch and rock bass....

Big Smile on my face today Smile
Nice fish.
Ottawa certainly is a very fishy place. Big Grin
Both in the river and on the hill............ smile.
(11-03-2012 03:11 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]Both in the river and on the hill............ smile.

Good one..... Big Grin

Giuga10
HOLEY COW

[Image: holycow1.jpg]

Hard work paid off!!!

Live minnows as bait?

Definitely wished I had a big river fishing opportunity like the Detroit or Ottawa close by...
This was on the Rideau on the long reach using an 8 inch sucker.

Man was I pumped Smile)

(11-03-2012 09:21 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]HOLEY COW

Hard work paid off!!!

Live minnows as bait?

Definitely wished I had a big river fishing opportunity like the Detroit or Ottawa close by...
Under a bobber or on bottom?

Did you just cast out that sucker on a hook?
Under a bobber about 36 inches in about 8 ft of water to keep the sucker on top of the weeds. With no bober they were all going to ground.
I was in ahurry this morning... Let me add:

I should also add that this spot is between two weed beds and about 20 ft in front there is a good drop off to about 30ft. On Monday I was catching small Perch, Sunfish and small Rock Bass there for the first time ever. There was a splash which I thought was likely a Large Mouth since I caught a couple there. I flipped in a minnow and put my rod down. About 5 minutes later it was almost pulled into the river. I caught a 30 inch Pike in the weeds.

The Musky and Pike are following in the bait fish and I think I caught this one in transit.

Another neat thing was the sucker could sense the Musky coming.... I saw the sucker bolting looking for cover while the Musky was still about 20ft away....

I got to watch close up as the Musky lunged for the sucker and miss.... turn around and go back for it a couple of times before it caught it. Since I could see what was going on I tried to time the hook set before the Muskie swallowed the sucker and got gut hooked....

I have been looking for a quick strike rig but I have found one yet.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's