You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Is Made in China all that bad?
05-20-2014, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2014 04:50 PM by MuskieBait.)
Is Made in China all that bad?
Check this out. I know how I'll spend my next $150 when I have it...

http://www.alanhawk.com/reviews/lth10.html

IMPORTANT NOTE: This reel is made in China...under the QC guidelines and standards of Fin-Nor, a company that had established for quality for quite some time. This is not your over-the-internet, eBay, AliExpress, Amazon seller that sells Chinese manufactured products without much reputation behind the company.

This is to say that don't judge everything based on the place of manufacturing, but rather who is designing and producing these products...and the product itself.

Even so, some reputable companies, like Abu Garcia, Penn and Quantum, make their products in China. And their Chinese made product is far inferior compared to products of the same company made in Sweden (Abu) or USA (Penn). You have to judge each product as its own case.

In this case, the Fin-Nor Lethal 100 is a win. Probably none of the members here will ever get a reel that size to use...but it is an illustration that China made goods are not always bad...although most are pretty bad the majority of the time. It depends on the decision the company made in the design and standard of the product.

** Seriously...brass and stainless steel gearing...and secondary dog clutch...and all sealed bearings...and high number of carbon washers...no-fail magnetic bail...need I say more? Drool...

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is Made in China all that bad? - MuskieBait - 05-20-2014 04:41 PM
RE: Is Made in China all that bad? - MikeH - 05-21-2014, 07:54 AM
RE: Is Made in China all that bad? - Eli - 06-12-2014, 12:01 AM