You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello, this is Firas from Mississauga
09-22-2015, 08:34 AM
RE: Hello, this is Firas from Mississauga
Thanks OldTimer and MuskieBait for your responses so far.

My equipment:

Reels: Quantum E30PTi, Shimano Curado 201E7 and 301E.
Rods: Shimano Crucial, Compre, and Clarus rods. MH/F 7', 7'8", 8'6"
Line: Braid 30lbs & 80lbs
Leader: 60lbs Nylon covered stainless steel or 40lbs Fluorocarbon
Main Lures: (wife doesnt like me using live baits) frogs (pad crashers), chatterbaits (z-man), soft plastics (5" worms and 4"-6" keitech fat swing impact), crankbaits (ArukuShad65).

@MuskieBait: When I go fishing, if its during the day then from 5pm-till sunset, if during the weekend then usually from 11am-till sunset. I dont believe in after sunset fishing using lures because fish can't see at night (my experience with SW fishing).

Port Credit from pier all the way to the canoe club: I went at least 7 times and didnt fish anything, even when i asked the people around me they said the same. I even used live worms/nightcrawlers and no bites at all!

Erindale Park: To be honest, this is more a river than a lake with fast running water and i am not sure if i was fishing correctly and whether the above baits are effective for rivers. Again, nothing.

Lake Aquitaine: Pretty small, I tried every possible fishable spot with nothing more other than 3-4" Sunfish. Also full of kids fishing and making lots of noise. I went 4 times i think.

Lakefront Promenade Park: I tried the place close the boat marina and the two spots where you launch boats. This place looks good with a lot of potential because of the depth and access to open water, however not even a single bite! using live baits or lures. Same to the people that i asked that were also fishing. Went 4 times also, at least 2 weekend with minimum of 5 hours of fishing.

After all the above disappointments, i was discouraged and to cheer up myself I purchased a fishing kayak Smile
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hello, this is Firas from Mississauga - kouma - 09-22-2015 08:34 AM