You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello, this is Firas from Mississauga
09-22-2015, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 06:45 PM by MuskieBait.)
RE: Hello, this is Firas from Mississauga
(09-22-2015 05:48 PM)kouma Wrote:  I KNOW!! I love they way they swim, Basspro has their own version, but the Keitechs are softer IMO. I even used them as trailer on my chatterbaits. If I was a fish, I would jump on it Big Grin

We all say that when we see a new lure on the market. Big Grin

I question MA when he said he was going to add a swimbait as a trailer to his Chatterbait. He said it would offer the vibration and attraction of a wriggling Chatterbait...yet provide the subtle kick of the tail and softness of a swimbait.

So I ask him if a fish wanted subtlety, wouldn't the Chatterbait of that combo scare the fish away?

And I further ask him if a fish wanted vibration and aggressive approach, wouldn't the swimbait action be masked and ineffective?

For bulk, I would rather add something like a crawfish trailer...or a twin tail grub...or twin paddletail that imitates a frog. Something like Rage Toad comes to mind. It adds much more action and noise that complements the Chatterbait well...and these types of trailer is initially intended for the Chatterbait also (see Chatterfrog).

For something with wiggle but a little less noise (and much cheaper), consider the Luck-E-Strike Scrounger jig head. The Scrounger is the original "chatterbait" that comes in smaller sizes for more finesse presentation.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hello, this is Firas from Mississauga - MuskieBait - 09-22-2015 06:43 PM