You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Suggestion for a new area
08-25-2016, 07:47 PM
RE: Suggestion for a new area
No, what I mean is, gutting the fish etc.
I'm thinking, it's best to clean the fish (gut it) before transporting it, but some might argue differently.

Also, you will be surprised how many people do not bother reading the regulations, my guess would be over 80% of the population.

I know what the regulation is regarding the transporting it home, but that was written to allow officers to recognize the type of fish and also, prevent spreading any bacteria that might be harmless in one body of water but not another.

You would be correct, I am trying to avoid the fishy smell, but to me that has to do with how fresh the fish is, no matter how many bags you use, you will get that smell once it unfreezes.

To me, cooking fish over camp fire is same as BBQ, it is an open flame, not cooked in a pan with oil or boiled/steamed etc.
Did you use any kind of spices with that? Ideally, I like to stuff the bass and cook it on my grill, my son caught a good size bass on the weekend, he is excited to cook it and I really don't want to mess it up for him. He's 10 and it's his first fish of a good size worth keeping and not releasing.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Suggestion for a new area - observer135 - 08-25-2016, 06:14 PM
RE: Suggestion for a new area - MuskieBait - 08-25-2016, 07:19 PM
RE: Suggestion for a new area - observer135 - 08-25-2016 07:47 PM
RE: Suggestion for a new area - MuskieBait - 08-25-2016, 11:03 PM
RE: Suggestion for a new area - Mdt - 11-06-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: Suggestion for a new area - OldTimer - 08-26-2016, 06:59 AM