You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Mitchell 300 XGE or Okuma trio 30s...?
08-30-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: Mitchell 300 XGE or Okuma trio 30s...?
(08-29-2012 02:20 PM)MikeH Wrote:  
(08-28-2012 05:38 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Mike I'd love to hear some stories from the pier! Any bigguns?

Don't think that I'm going to post any detail reports just yet....Tongue

Totally enjoying having such an obvious location to myself. I guess no one fishes it because you can't get the fish out of the water without a drop net? I am thinking of putting in an overnighter (or two!) to REALLY see what I can haul in. It is hard hauling big fish up by yourself though, I am thinking of adding knots to the line for better grip.

EDIT* One word of advice.... don't run a slider float rig from the top of the pier at the same time as ledgering an end bait at distance. I got two on at the same time (one Carp and one IDKW), and lost 'em both plus the rig.

Mike, you need a hoop net made for pier fishing. Maybe I can pick one up for you around Christmas time if a trip of mine materializes. Wink

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mitchell 300 XGE or Okuma trio 30s...? - MuskieBait - 08-30-2012 01:01 PM