You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Possible Fishing Ban at Grenadier Pond
02-20-2013, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 02:12 PM by MuskieBait.)
RE: Possible Fishing Ban at Grenadier Pond
(02-20-2013 01:40 PM)Sailor Joe Wrote:  Until the MNR changes the look of the cards/licenses, I can print whatever I want and make it look like the real thing. That is of course until you come up to me and visually check.

I can scan a $100 dollar bill on my color scanner and from afar, you would think I have $100.

And if you ask me, a certain portion of the fees you pay to the MNR should be for the enforcement of problem area’s like High Park. If that’s not enough, deputize the park wardens. I’m not saying a community effort is not required here. Don’t get me wrong. I’m saying step up the enforcement in addition too. Otherwise we will lose access to Grenadier Pond.

Again, if you are fishing at High Park every weekend, CO's only need to check you a couple of times when he first met you and made sure you have a valid license. Every time after that, why does he/she needs to come up to you to make sure your license is real and not counterfeit EVERY TIME? The license is good for one year...if you already have a real license at the beginning of May, it is the same license you carry for the rest of the year.

As such, simply having it displayed while you are fishing, since the CO has already validated the authenticity of your license, and the CO has already recognized you, he/she does not need to waste time to check you (and wait for you to dig out your license from your wallet or backpack). He/she simply do a visual scan for your license, then move on to check someone else. It saves time for the CO...time that the CO can use to patrol other areas.

Since High Park is a relatively low priority area, saving time for the CO means now they could have the extra time to actually patrol High Park.

Yes, at the beginning of the year, or for someone that the CO is not familiar with, there needs to be an approach and check system to confirm validity of the licenses...but after that, if you are a regular angler at a certain location, there is no need to check every time. It's a waste of time and resources.

Remember also that CO's job not only pertain to fishing, but also hunting compliance and crimes against wildlife like trapping, poisoning and inhumane treatment of wild animals, plus any destruction of habitat both ground and in water. There is so much to cover for each CO in his/her patrol area...again...High Park is just a drop in their large bucket and it is not really that high priority in some cases.

Don't even get me started on stormwater ponds...as much as it is a shame...there is much more valuable resources out there to protect than a stormwater pond fishery.

A CO can spend a week patrolling Lake Simcoe on the ice without going over the same location once during that week. There is A LOT of grounds for CO to cover!

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Fishing Ban at Grenadier Pond - MuskieBait - 02-20-2013 02:10 PM