You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fishing Reports
03-05-2012, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 06:27 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
Fishing Reports
Fishing reports are now accessible to members with more than 15 posts. If I notice these are spammy posts with the sole purpose of increasing your post-count they won't be counted.

Please share what you're comfortable sharing. Everyone is allowed to post in the reports section. Feel free to teach us the lessons you've accumulated in your time as an angler, from techniques to gear reviews.

We're interested!

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2012, 08:12 PM
RE: Fishing Reports
Hopefully this will encourage some lurkers to join in on our discussions =).

03-10-2012, 08:32 PM
this is kinda lame.. ur forcing everyone to post.. what happen to the people that cant post because they had nothing to tell but wants to read some report.. all im saying is, this site is not gonna grow by doing these.. just saying
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2012, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2012 10:02 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
(03-10-2012 08:32 PM)bfisher Wrote:  this is kinda lame.. ur forcing everyone to post.. what happen to the people that cant post because they had nothing to tell but wants to read some report.. all im saying is, this site is not gonna grow by doing these.. just saying

Well I don't appreciate your tone and I ask you tune it down a bit. Since this is a new forum I'm going to explain my rationale some more.

Bfisher I hope you can understand the importance of sharing information. Anybody is allowed to post reports, they just can't read until they've accumulated 15 posts. There're plenty of opportunities on this forum for asking questions and responding.

Often there are locations mentioned in the reports section. If I open the Reports section, anybody can rush in here, register, and run off with everybody's hard work. Safe to say some lurkers don't even have fishing licences.

This is the least I can do to prevent this.

Now you guys are open to disagree, and if enough of you do disagree of course I'll change the policy to whatever the majority recommends.

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to MichaelAngelo for this post:
4got10 (06-18-2016), Dusty_D (06-01-2017)
03-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Im getting you point... Is just that how do you think people would participate in joining without seeing what your offering?? Fishermen likes to see reports with lots of pic.. by luring them you will attract more members.. I dont know if you, but many people read reports first and hang on for awhile then if they know that they can apreciate and learn one or two from this site... They will join and bring more members.. just my two cents
03-11-2012, 12:46 AM
(03-11-2012 12:26 AM)bfisher Wrote:  Im getting you point... Is just that how do you think people would participate in joining without seeing what your offering?? Fishermen likes to see reports with lots of pic.. by luring them you will attract more members.. I dont know if you, but many people read reports first and hang on for awhile then if they know that they can apreciate and learn one or two from this site... They will join and bring more members.. just my two cents

Yes this is definitely the flip side of the coin. Anglers do come online to read detailed reports and learn from them. And that's what I want this website to do as well. I just feel that I need to do something to protect against insincere or illegal fisherman from "skimming off the surface" per say.

Right now I'm trying to encourage the sharing of techniques/tips/tricks. Not specifically locations. I've just added a thread for members to post their favourite pictures.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MichaelAngelo for this post:
Pep2020 (04-14-2017)
03-13-2012, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2012 09:36 PM by walleyepro1.)
well this is my 16th post sure hope i can check out some reports now lol it didn't bother me none i'm in no hurry.
OK 16 post now and still can't view the fishing report's
03-13-2012, 10:20 PM
even my own report I couldnt even read the reply lolz amazing
04-03-2012, 08:05 PM
I dont really have 16 things to say right now to view the posts. Guess I wont see them for a while.
Definitely a little frustrating.
04-04-2012, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 09:10 PM by MikeH.)
Perhaps Mike should consider waiving the post limit if someone posts a decent report in return for access to the reports section? (its not like most of the reports in the locked forum here are not also posted over at other forums on open boards...lol)

http://www.fishingtoronto.com