You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2014 Multi-Species Challenge Proposal
04-09-2014, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 05:01 PM by MuskieBait.)
RE: MichaelAngelo's 2014 OSF Multi-Species Challenge Entries - 9
OT, you fail to realize that it was a proposed contest. After Nick posted that, there were discussions following whether only Ontario catches are allowed or not. This included you and I in the discussion. And again, no official rules had been posted yet.

If, as you stated, that time stamp matters, then note that February 24 is before March 2.
Again, I'm not an official mod for this year contest...otherwise, all this would have been clarified already.

But I do know for a fact that Michael's Burbot was caught in Quebec, and so were Eli's Burbot and Lake Whitefish. Since the contest mods (Michael and Nick) are not doing their job...and even Michael himself was entering out-of-province catch and turning a blind eye on Eli's out-of-province catch, I got to point it out or else there will be unfair bias applied.

I'm also not sure where Eli caught his Brown Trout and not sure if it is out-of-season or not.

I'm trying to make it fair and right for all...yet not piss too many people off. Again, once Eli move to Quebec, that will be his home province. Technically, if the rules you quoted are THE ONE as you state (which has not been approved by mods yet), then Eli can no long join unless he travels to Ontario to fish just for the contest. But if that's the case, then he's technically traveling out of home province to catch fish just for the contest...which is really what we are against in the first place. Hm...catch-22....

To Eli and Michael: I don't want to piss you off...but we do have to play fair. I've been keeping quiet for a while on it...but I think we do have to make it fair for all. I know it sucks. Personally, as I said, I like to be inclusive for all...including Eli and ZippyFX who live just across the border from Quebec...and a 10 minute drive across the Ottawa River into Quebec should also be considered home range. That is a shorter distance for you to travel than the almost 4 hours I've traveled to catch a Burbot and Lake Whitefish in northern Ontario. To be honest, your catches are even more local than mine in terms of distances...so how is that fair to me but not to you? After all, Eli, the distance you traveled to catch your Burbot and Lake Whitefish, which is just about 1.5 hours away, is shorter than it takes for a member from Cambridge to fish at Cooks Bay on the southern end of Lake Simcoe. So I don't know how it is even remotely fair to you and Zippy. But you can see my position. Whether the decision tips one way or another, I'm just doing this in the name of fairness and it is not personal at all. If it was personal, I would say hell with it and every species count...and then I would dominate TongueBig Grin

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MichaelAngelo's 2014 OSF Multi-Species Challenge Entries - 9 - MuskieBait - 04-09-2014 04:30 PM