You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2014 Multi-Species Challenge Proposal
04-09-2014, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 08:12 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
RE: 2014 Multi-Species Challenge Proposal
Wow what a mess that has arisen from a simple "just for fun" contest. I'll edit my entries to remove the burbot and I apologize if I caused offense to any of you by entering a fish that was caught in Quebec. Just like in Ontario, burbot has no regulation or season, so I figured it would be a harmless addition to my species list. Clearly it has caused offense that I did not intend. All I can do is apologize and move on.

(04-09-2014 04:30 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  But I do know for a fact that Michael's Burbot was caught in Quebec, and so were Eli's Burbot and Lake Whitefish. Since the contest mods (Michael and Nick) are not doing their job...and even Michael himself was entering out-of-province catch and turning a blind eye on Eli's out-of-province catch, I got to point it out or else there will be unfair bias applied.

I'm also not sure where Eli caught his Brown Trout and not sure if it is out-of-season or not

(04-09-2014 04:30 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  To Eli and Michael: I don't want to piss you off...but we do have to play fair. I've been keeping quiet for a while on it...but I think we do have to make it fair for all. I know it sucks.

Well, at least you're keeping us accountable. Other members do not have to deal with such accountability Wink. Fair? LOL

(04-09-2014 05:45 PM)Eli Wrote:  I personally feel the contest should be limited to each individual's home waters and that 'home waters' in this case should be up to each individual's personal interpretation. We can all keep things reasonable.

[quote='Eli' pid='12557' dateline='1397079911']This isn't some high-stakes contest, it's all in good fun.

(04-09-2014 06:09 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Like you said, this is not a high-stake contest and it is all in good fun. It should not be this difficult. If we want to be inclusive to all in the name of fun, then rules should be more lax instead of more stringent. Wink

Agreed, but I can see how different fishing seasons in other provinces may complicate things. Nick made his decision for a reason. However, if the fish is a species that would just as well belong in Ontario we have no way of knowing when and where it was caught. This is just a fact. We made a decision to do away with the badge this year. The reason I am mentioning these two things is because it illustrates that this contest operates on the honour system, and it is just for fun. We shouldn't be hanging each other out to dry over it, but we shouldn't be trying to deceive other members. Catch 22.

The way I see it? Just post gorgeous pictures of gorgeous fish for your fellow members to enjoy, smile, and have fun.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2014 Multi-Species Challenge Proposal - MichaelAngelo - 04-09-2014 08:11 PM