You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello, this is Firas from Mississauga
09-23-2015, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 03:19 PM by OldTimer.)
RE: Hello, this is Firas from Mississauga
(09-22-2015 08:34 AM)kouma Wrote:  Thanks OldTimer and MuskieBait for your responses so far.

My equipment:

Reels: Quantum E30PTi, Shimano Curado 201E7 and 301E.
Rods: Shimano Crucial, Compre, and Clarus rods. MH/F 7', 7'8", 8'6"
Line: Braid 30lbs & 80lbs
Leader: 60lbs Nylon covered stainless steel or 40lbs Fluorocarbon
Main Lures: (wife doesnt like me using live baits) frogs (pad crashers), chatterbaits (z-man), soft plastics (5" worms and 4"-6" keitech fat swing impact), crankbaits (ArukuShad65).

Really nice gear - but perhaps a bit heavy duty for the fish you''ll actually have access to in the greater GTA (other than carp and migratory species).

Perhaps lighten up things a bit in general. You have to "play to the audience" of what fish will actually see your stuff.

I rarely use a leader of any description and for the most part use old school mono (usually in 8 lb test).

Perhaps lighter line on the Quantum spinner mounted on a new medium light rod combined with smaller profile lures might be an option in your arenas.

Possibly buy a few mepps in #2 and #3 sizes - SILVER.

Minimize the "bait hate" your wife has - then get some worms and try them.

You may have another option in use of the gear you have to get into Carp. A no-name can of corn, a couple of sinkers, and some circle hooks will work just great.

Night fishing is fine, but I find the view generally boring. I find for me it's about the total experience.

In my books mid day sucks. It's a low % deal. And way too hot in the mid summer.

Low light of the morning and evening has been best in my world and associated success rates. Furthermore, my preference has always been morning where my experience using my methods has yielded a higher % than evenings..., but opinions vary............

and BTW........ research, learning and spending time investigating possible "spots" is forever necessary and the only ongoing route to continued success in angling. It all changes endlessly.

But that's just my slant ............ hope it helps....... or gets you pondering......

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hello, this is Firas from Mississauga - OldTimer - 09-23-2015 03:39 PM