You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Expanding the Forum
03-29-2016, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2016 03:15 PM by OldTimer.)
RE: Expanding the Forum
(03-28-2016 04:01 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Yeah, I feel the same, OT.

If people are coming here for giveaways, contests and derbies, then I think they are here for the wrong reason.

If you really like what this community has to offer, then you would stay and participate. If you have something to contribute, it would be given freely. If you are proud of a catch, then share it.

I don't feel the necessity to use prizes to lure people, or to encourage them to participate.

We've tried it a bit in the past...didn't really help.

Very true MB.

I might note that I did not respond immediately to this thread in order to see what thoughts might surface. None did.

Even still - I believe that simple promotion of the site may be of value. I myself do mention the site to those, I may converse with during my outings, who seem like regular good people that enjoy the sport – I encourage all to do likewise.

Commercialization of this forum conflicts with its unique value. Unlike most other so called "public" forums – there are no ads or random stupid pop-ups here whatsoever. This forum is managed and funded without outside help or financial influence. Ponder that.

It ain’t about bucks here, never was…………….. It’s about sharing thoughts, presenting ideas or opinions, asking for help, giving help, being able to pound one’s chest occasionally,...... and all the while having a few laughs taking a few jabs in goodhearted fun…… aka "smiles".

Cheers,

OldTimer

ps......... I still ain't telling ya my "spots"........... grin

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Expanding the Forum - TASPL-Designs - 03-23-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Expanding the Forum - Giuga10 - 03-25-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: Expanding the Forum - OldTimer - 03-28-2016, 03:26 PM
RE: Expanding the Forum - MuskieBait - 03-28-2016, 04:01 PM