You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Most efficient method of tying roe bags?
10-02-2012, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 11:23 PM by MuskieBait.)
RE: Most efficient method of tying roe bags?
You're already doing it.

I don't bother tying roe bags in advance anymore. It's just a waste of sack material and eggs to tie up too many bags in advance. River conditions are often different day to day even hour to hour. The colour that fish prefer may be different from what you had thought or prepared. There are many times I tied up a dozen of peach colour and light yellow colour bags only to find the river was more coloured than I had anticipated and I needed brighter bags. So I have 2 dozen bags that the fish couldn't see and I couldn't use. Eggs that were thawed out not being used...either rip those bags and tie new ones on streamside...or toss those pre-tied bags and tie new bags on stream side. Well, looked like I have to tie new bags on stream side anyways...

So now I just bring a small jar or tube of eggs and tie bags at stream side...and I don't need to lose an hour of sleep the night before tying bags that I can't use the next day. I just tied a new bag when I need one...takes about 15 seconds...doesn't lose much fishing time at all. The bags are all fresh, colour is matched to conditions, and if I need a couple of styrofoam beads in the bags to keep it off bottom a little, or none at all to keep it deeper, I can adjust base on the pool / riffle / rapid that I'm fishing.

That's my efficiently way of tying bags. Tongue

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most efficient method of tying roe bags? - MuskieBait - 10-02-2012 11:23 PM