You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

The Attitudes of Anglers...
03-08-2012, 02:49 PM
RE: The Attitudes of Anglers...
I agree that everyone should (and surely will) establish when and where they share their knowledge, and set their own level of comfort on the amount of specific detail (Note: GPS locations are overkill).

Personally I have no reservations in sharing general knowledge regarding on where I fish and what methods I use. There are no “secret” spots that are absolutely guaranteed foolproof, or lures that draw strikes every day. Weather, temperature, water clarity and flow conditions will change from day to day, over and over again. Guess what - People get skunked on stocked ponds!

I have noticed that just about all the spots I go to fish have evidence of past use by anglers. (footprints, stick rod holders…). So – telling where these spots are is no big deal for me – as many preceded me, and many will follow, with or without reading a post.

Part of the enjoyment of angling involves the adventure and mystery of new and unknown (to you) experiences, places and methods. We would all soon become bored with instant 100% success on all outings – due to the lack of a challenge and sense of accomplishment. It really isn’t about food either.

Information shared on line should be a beginning step or a tool for others in setting their plans while learning and enjoying the sport.

It is unfortunate that the actions of the few so often result in restrictions or diminished benefits to the many. It’s also a fact of life everywhere that a few real jerks exist.

Considering all of the above I support the current mild restrictions on your forum to information as it may promote most others in feeling comfortable in making their posts, while reducing abuse by the few.

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to OldTimer for this post:
MichaelAngelo (03-09-2012)

Messages In This Thread
The Attitudes of Anglers... - manitoubass2 - 03-04-2012, 02:42 PM
RE: The Attitudes of Anglers... - MikeH - 03-05-2012, 08:37 AM
RE: The Attitudes of Anglers... - OldTimer - 03-08-2012 02:49 PM
RE: The Attitudes of Anglers... - Woodsman - 03-08-2012, 08:56 PM
RE: The Attitudes of Anglers... - OldTimer - 01-02-2013, 05:02 PM