You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A shore Anglers tackle box...
06-01-2012, 03:27 PM
RE: Tackle box?
I'll try to take some picture of my tackle system tonight and show you how I run and gun around the world. Big Grin

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2012, 04:04 PM
(06-01-2012 02:17 PM)--G-- Wrote:  - ?? Home made bait needle? what is this?

http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum/Thr...ait+needle

Regards,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
06-01-2012, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 10:57 PM by fishfight.)
A fishing vest with multiple pouches is always useful to put all of your basic needs , so you can free up your hands to carry rods and net etc...
Find all posts by this user
06-02-2012, 01:48 PM
(06-01-2012 11:03 AM)--G-- Wrote:  Any suggestions on things to add?

Get a landing net, you dont want to have to snap off a PB cos' you cant lift it out of the water with the rod. Confused

http://www.fishingtoronto.com
06-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Okay...this is part of my gear that I take fishing 90% of the time.

This is one of the best $10 I've spent...a soft bait folder from BassPro. I put a pop can next to it for comparison.

[Image: IMG_6157.jpg]

Instead of just soft baits, I use this to its full potential...as you'll see soon.

On the back pocket, I use it to hold small floats and steel leaders. You never know what kind of toothy critters you'll run across...pike, snakehead, barracuda...been there, done that.

[Image: IMG_6161.jpg]

The soft bait folder comes with 10 clear zipper pockets. I'll break down what I had in each pocket...

Pocket #1 - In just one pocket, I can fit 3 sizes of baitholder hooks (#2, #6, #8), 4 sizes of octopus hooks (#2, #4, #8, #14), 2 sizes of circle hooks (#6 and #10), 1 size of barrel swivel (#10...used to have larger ones too but ran out...need to restock), 2 sizes of 3-way swivel (#8 and #6), 3 sizes of split shots (BB, B and 7), a pack of #14 nymph hooks for making bait (had #16 and #20 in there too but took them out to use last trip)...and also had some small beads in there for slip floats or carolina rigging that I took out to use.

[Image: IMG_6163.jpg]

Pocket #2 - I have two spools of fluorocarbon leaders (6lb and 8lb) and a number of 1/16oz jigs, crappie jigs and a couple of tiny spoons for panfish or any small reef fish.

[Image: IMG_6165.jpg]

Pocket #3 - I have two packets of 1.5" twister tail and 2" soft jerkbaits. These are awesome for any small panfish or reef fish, and the 2" soft jerkbaits will even catch mid-size predators too.

[Image: IMG_6167.jpg]

Pocket #4 - I should have more tackle here, but I took some out for my last trip. I usually keep a package of 3" white, smoke and chartreuse twister tail and smoke twister tail, some 1/8oz jighead, a few in-line spinners and a couple of 1/2oz Kastmaster spoons.

[Image: IMG_6169.jpg]

Pocket #5 - I have three sizes of darter jigheads and a package of 2/0 weedless hooks. These are used for the contents of Pocket #6.

[Image: IMG_6171.jpg]

Pocket #6 - I have a number of 3" swimbaits and 3" grubs for any larger predators. These are good for bass, pike, walleye, and any saltwater inshore game fish such as barracuda, sand bass...etc.

[Image: IMG_6173.jpg]

Pocket #7 - I kept them in separate pockets at the moment, but they were all in the same pocket before. These are some swim grubs a friend made. They are awesome for a lot of saltwater fish. I also have a package of black with gold flake plastic worms.

[Image: IMG_6174.jpg]

Pocket #8 - I have this pocket somewhere in the trunk of my car...but I keep a few spinnerbaits in there...in white and chartreuse...as well as a few spoons such as the red/white, 5 of diamonds, Little Cleos...etc.

Pocket #9 - I have an assortment of floats from 2g - 4g...a package of 3" pink worm that might have found its way there on my last steelhead trip...and some in-line bobber stop. I had some thread bobber stop and bobber stop beads here before as well that I took out for another trip.

[Image: IMG_6175.jpg]

In the back pocket, I used to keep a few bell sinkers, slip sinkers and something called Spider Thread that I use to both tie spawn sack and occasionally use to secure bait on the hook.

So as you can see, this little tackle system carries almost everything I need to target a lot of fish without carrying a large tackle box. I pair that with a large single tackle tray where I keep some crankbaits, topwater and bass jigs, and I'm ready to catching anything that comes my way.

I hope this helps.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MuskieBait for this post:
MichaelAngelo (06-03-2012)
06-03-2012, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 04:19 PM by MikeH.)
RE: A shore Anglers tackle box...
[attachment=139]

Here's what I am currently switching around on a regular basis.

Rods from left to right:
6ft 6 Berkley shock
12ft 6 interline rod
10ft 6 Shimano Convergance ultralight
8ft Exage

Wide mouth Collapsible landing net

Reels from left to right:
7000 size BP Catmaxx
4000 size Shimano Sonora
2000 size Mitchell avocet gold

The UL convergance will accurately cast micro lures down to 1/32oz, While the Interline will handle PVA rigs up to 4oz. The Berkely shock and the Exage handle about the same, but the Exage fits into a cabin bag when I'm on the road. Smile

06-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Nice gear Mike.

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
06-03-2012, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 06:02 PM by MikeH.)
Starting pulling boxes of kit out of the storage locker.....

[attachment=140]

I usually just pack some gear into the empty small boxes down front before heading out!

06-03-2012, 08:55 PM
im reading all over the forums that a good net is a necessity for shore fishing. Anyone have any suggestions for a good quality collapsible net for a reasonable price?
Find all posts by this user
06-03-2012, 08:59 PM
I got mine at /bass pro for just under 50 bucks including tax. Folds down pretty compact, but has a big net area when opened plus its rubberized, so no nylon knots chopping scales off fish....

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Go...0368/77042

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MikeH for this post:
wknd outdoorsman (06-03-2012)