You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Emily Provincial Park
06-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Emily Provincial Park
Has anyone ever fished at or near the park (Peterborough area) preferably recently? The Pigeon River is the water body. We've got a site booked for the Canada Day long weekend and I'd like to know what to expect. I also just bought an inflatable boat, so I won't be restricted to the shore, but until my rowing muscles get used to it, I won't be too far out. Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2014, 08:35 PM
RE: Emily Provincial Park
I've heard good things, but no specifics. Make sure you fish it hard and let us know how you do Smile.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Got back a while ago and figured I'd share the results. First off, love my inflatable but it is a bit of work if there's a breeze. This weekend, there were breezes. Sunday morning I went out and headed north of the campground, under the bridge (Peace Rd. I believe) There are very small spots for shore fishing at the bridge, but I don't know about parking. Anyway, just past the bridge on the west is a marsh. Weeds, lilypads and slop, great for largemouth. I had one attack my frog, but didn't get hooked. Other than that, nothing but weeds. There were plenty of horny carp in the area, but of course all my carp bait was at home in the garage.

Sunday afternoon, I had my neice and her friend trying and failing at rowing. The wind was a bit stronger so there was little effort needed to get out to the bridge, but getting back, with the added weight, was a bit of work. Spent the rest of the afternoon untangling a set of new snelled hooks (Angry) and fishing off a dock with the kiddies. They were getting Pumpkinseeds left and right. Once I got the hooks all separated, I got a few as well plus a tiny perch, but between putting worms on hooks and unhooking fish, I didn't get many casts.

Monday morning I ventured south to a spot one of the wardens recommended. Another marsh that the big boats couldn't get in to. I guess it helped with Monday being a work day, as I didn't see another boat at all for a couple of hours. Anyway, lots of casting with the frog proved fruitless, so I switched to a Texas rigged 4" white Senko and immediately started feeling bites. Most were nibbles then nothing, but I did manage to bring this beauty into the boat for a pic. My personal best Largemouth, or any fish so far (only my second year at this). That made my day.

Tried going out later in the day and went nowhere with the wind, and tried again this morning with only nibbles before the wind got out of control. Still a fun time and would love to be there again on a calm day.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

07-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Nice one!
07-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Nice fish and nice report!
07-02-2014, 06:24 AM
Good stuff.

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
07-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Nice fish. A 16" bass is a good fish.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html