You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fishing Reports
07-17-2013, 07:53 AM
RE: Fishing Reports
(07-16-2013 02:34 PM)phnx73 Wrote:  16 posts!!!! It is difficult to rich if you are new as an angler and new in forums as well.

Nothing worthwhile in life is free.

This system has a purpose.

Regards,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2013, 08:01 AM
I am a new user. I think the limit is fair. By the time you acquaint yourself and figure out how everything works you will be in the report club.
Find all posts by this user
07-31-2013, 09:42 AM
Hello Everyone , well i do have 15 plus things to say , i can understand about the spam thing , God almost every site on the net has it , even facebook has it now , hell even yahoo had to close there open forum chat rooms because of it. Anyways Good fishing to everyone on this site , have a nice day
08-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Someone deleted 5 of my posts i think
08-03-2013, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 06:45 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
(08-03-2013 02:34 PM)Catfish Wrote:  Someone deleted 5 of my posts i think

Directly from the first post of this thread:

Quote:Fishing reports are now accessible to members with more than 15 posts. If I notice these are spammy posts with the sole purpose of increasing your post-count they won't be counted.

Please note guys, it is not usually OK to make your first 16 posts in 10 minutes and then disappear. Give and take. It's a working relationship.

Your first few posts are your first impression to the community. If you come across as a spammer just wanting to get your "16" to access the reports, you're not really adding anything in return for what we offer here.

From the year or so this rule's been in place, I've done my best to delete user's first posts that essentially mean "nice fish!" "cool catch!" "Me too!" or "what did you use? (when the answer is in the report itself).

I hope this is now crystal clear.

It's not really asking for much. If you feel that you have nothing to contribute to the conversation (and everybody does, even if they don't realize it), write a "Your First Report" about a time you went fishing so we can learn from your success/failure.

Again, this whole system exists because in the past I have felt uncomfortable posting reports in wide-open public forums. I wanted a more discrete option of sharing information that would involve just that... sharing of information. I hope our members share this sentiment and it improves the quality (not quantity) of our site in the long run.

[Image: logobgs.png]
08-03-2013, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 07:20 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
And I'll add one more thing that I think is really important.

A lot of people will tell me that they have nothing to add to the discussion. Well, I can promise you that if you don't have answers, you'll have questions. There's nothing wrong with asking good, detailed, specific questions. Then, down the road, you will have the answers Wink.

If it's not written, don't assume anything. Ask questions.

For example, you could read a post about someone catching largemouth bass on a plastic worm. So you decide to give it a try. Problem is, how were they doing it? What was the size of the hook relative to the length of the worm? How'd they get the worm on the hook? Through the nose? Through the middle? Where'd the put the worm? Under lillypads? Did they just cast it in the middle of the lake and let it sit? How'd they work the bait? Lift and pause? Steady retreive? How did they cast it... a plastic worm weighs almost nothing! Did they add split shots? Did they use a weighted hook?

The questions you can ask are endless. And the answers will add the details you need in your repertoire to catch fish. Sometimes, as Muskeibait has taught me, it's all in the details. These details have no chance of showing themselves unless specific questions are asked.

Also, keep in mind that the reasoning behind the answers to the questions above is just as important as the answers. For example, why would a weighted hook be used in place of split shots or sliding sinker? What are the advantages and disadvantages of this method and when/where is it best applied? When would you choose a sliding sinker over a weighted hook?

Make no assumptions, ask questions (almost to the point of annoyance), and you'll learn A LOT in a very short period of time online in the fishing forum world.

Hope this helps.

[Image: logobgs.png]
08-03-2013, 08:14 PM
(08-03-2013 07:09 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  The questions you can ask are endless. And the answers will add the details you need in your repertoire to catch fish. Sometimes, as Muskeibait has taught me, it's all in the details. These details have no chance of showing themselves unless specific questions are asked.

Also, keep in mind that the reasoning behind the answers to the questions above is just as important as the answers. For example, why would a weighted hook be used in place of split shots or sliding sinker? What are the advantages and disadvantages of this method and when/where is it best applied? When would you choose a sliding sinker over a weighted hook?

The student has finally became the teacher. Wink

Yes...unless you ask specific questions, specific and often crucial details are often overlooked. You gotta put in the work to dig for an answer. Wink

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
08-05-2013, 02:57 PM
(08-03-2013 06:39 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Your first few posts are your first impression to the community. If you come across as a spammer just wanting to get your "16" to access the reports, you're not really adding anything in return for what we offer here.

It's not really asking for much. If you feel that you have nothing to contribute to the conversation (and everybody does, even if they don't realize it), write a "Your First Report" about a time you went fishing so we can learn from your success/failure.

Very well presented ................and strongly supported by this member.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
06-28-2015, 12:11 AM
I was also lead into thinking if I signed up to the forum, I would be met with fishing reports but then I was met with a minimal amount of posts to view such content. I really don't have anything to say as I'm not an angular, I just spent $300 on fishing gear to catch some fish and I've been out 7 times and have caught nothing. Wish I didn't feel so mislead into seeing such things on the forum.
06-28-2015, 08:29 AM
(06-28-2015 12:11 AM)philantropie Wrote:  I was also lead into thinking if I signed up to the forum, I would be met with fishing reports but then I was met with a minimal amount of posts to view such content. I really don't have anything to say as I'm not an angular, I just spent $300 on fishing gear to catch some fish and I've been out 7 times and have caught nothing. Wish I didn't feel so mislead into seeing such things on the forum.

Sorry you feel that way. This is a community and the rules are in place for a reason. Have fun fishing.