You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Grinding it out in Virginia
04-05-2013, 06:20 AM
RE: Grinding it out in Virginia
Another excellent report - impressive outing.......... thanks for sharing.

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 09:15 AM by MuskieBait.)
@Eli - Really wish you were there! Pat probably caught a dozen Flier on his own. Big Grin We got lucky with the Hickory that day because the run is just starting to get going...and we saw just a couple of cherry blossoms the day before. If you are planning to go next year, I would say mid-April is best...but maybe I would wait until late April to have a combined shot at Hickory and Snakehead.

@MA - Pics look great because I did a little image processing this time...increase the saturation a bit and adjust the colour temperature. The pics were good to start...but they were even better after. Wink You know I'm already thinking about another trip to catch Flathead Catfish, Banded Sunfish and Bluespotted Sunfish...and maybe if there is time I'll take a partyboat to go after those Bluelined Tilefish I've been drooling over. You're always welcome to join if you don't wish to be a Korean war refugee. TongueBig Grin

@OT - Thanks! We had a lot of luck on our side this time. Despite careful planning, you simply can't plan for weather or precise seasonal changes that affect a migratory run. So we got lucky and we were able accomplish our targets. Smile

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
04-05-2013, 10:05 AM
(04-05-2013 09:11 AM)MuskieBait Wrote:  You're always welcome to join if you don't wish to be a Korean war refugee. TongueBig Grin

LOL this is such unfortunate timing isn't it!

[Image: logobgs.png]