You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello from High Park Toronto
02-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Hello from High Park Toronto
Very interested in urban fishing opportunities in the GTA. My experience comes mainly from salt water but my transition to freshwater has been rewarding. I'm always experimenting with different methods and techniques.

I also like to sail.

Regards,
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2013, 09:43 PM
RE: Hello from High Park Toronto
Hi Joe

Welcome to the forum. What type of gear you use and for what fish? The Toronto Islands are/were one the popular fishing spots.
02-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Welcome Joe,

There are endless opportunities to fish in the GTA. You will gain lots of knowledge on the forum from our many knowledgeable members. Did you used to live in the US?

Welcome,
Giuga10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2013, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 11:30 PM by Sailor Joe.)
(02-19-2013 09:43 PM)grubman Wrote:  Hi Joe

Welcome to the forum. What type of gear you use and for what fish? The Toronto Islands are/were one the popular fishing spots.

I have pretty much accumulated all types of gear over the years. I match my technique and gear towards the fish I'm seeking. And the fish I seek depends on what is in season/available. I'm an all arounder.
(02-19-2013 11:13 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  Welcome Joe,

There are endless opportunities to fish in the GTA. You will gain lots of knowledge on the forum from our many knowledgeable members. Did you used to live in the US?

Welcome,
Giuga10

Europe, all along the Mediterranean coast. Don't go back there very often anymore. Time and money + relatives mostly deceased etc..
02-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Welcome, Let's go fishing together. I heard that High park is a good place for fishing.
02-20-2013, 11:16 AM
(02-19-2013 11:25 PM)Sailor Joe Wrote:  Europe, all along the Mediterranean coast. Don't go back there very often anymore. Time and money + relatives mostly deceased etc..

Very cool. The Mediterranean Sea has some interesting species, but the shorefishing is not always easy due to high fishing pressure.

Do you have some pictures to show of your Mediterranean fishing adventures?

I ask because I fished for a couple of days from one of the Greek islands. It was only shore fishing, but it was great fun. I would love to fish from the shores of Spain one day. Smile

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
02-20-2013, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 12:21 PM by Sailor Joe.)
(02-20-2013 10:47 AM)onwind Wrote:  Welcome, Let's go fishing together. I heard that High park is a good place for fishing.

If you're interested in panfish, sure. That pond is no longer stocked with top predators; or very small ones at least.
(02-20-2013 11:16 AM)MuskieBait Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 11:25 PM)Sailor Joe Wrote:  Europe, all along the Mediterranean coast. Don't go back there very often anymore. Time and money + relatives mostly deceased etc..

Very cool. The Mediterranean Sea has some interesting species, but the shorefishing is not always easy due to high fishing pressure.

I ask because I fished for a couple of days from one of the Greek islands. It was only shore fishing, but it was great fun. I would love to fish from the shores of Spain one day. Smile

I spent most of my time between the Croatian Adriatic coast and Monaco/France fishing mainly for Seabass, Sardines, Bream, Red Mullet, Mackerel, panfish, squid, octopus etc.. I never seem to have a problem there with over fishing. Of course I have not been to Spain, Italy, Greece etc..

And no pictures unfortunately. It was from a time before iPhones and tablets. Undecided

http://fishinginadriaticsea.blogspot.ca/
02-20-2013, 12:39 PM
(02-20-2013 11:56 AM)Sailor Joe Wrote:  
(02-20-2013 10:47 AM)onwind Wrote:  Welcome, Let's go fishing together. I heard that High park is a good place for fishing.

If you're interested in panfish, sure. That pond is no longer stocked with top predators; or very small ones at least.
(02-20-2013 11:16 AM)MuskieBait Wrote:  

I spent most of my time between the Croatian Adriatic coast and Monaco/France fishing mainly for Seabass, Sardines, Bream, Red Mullet, Mackerel, panfish, squid, octopus etc.. I never seem to have a problem there with over fishing. Of course I have not been to Spain, Italy, Greece etc..

And no pictures unfortunately. It was from a time before iPhones and tablets. Undecided

http://fishinginadriaticsea.blogspot.ca/

Cool. I've caught seabass, bream, surmullet, wrasse, comber and parrotfish from Greece and France so far. Fun place to fish. Smile

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html