You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

How do you store your lures/hooks/etc..?
08-30-2013, 11:53 AM
How do you store your lures/hooks/etc..?
Alright, so i'm wondering how others store their lures and hooks and such to make sure they don't bounce around in the tackle box and dull them up.

Seems like such a silly question but looking at my tackle box and hearing everything bounce around, there has to be a better way.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2013, 12:20 PM
RE: How do you store your lures/hooks/etc..?
(08-30-2013 11:53 AM)shawarma Wrote:  Alright, so i'm wondering how others store their lures and hooks and such to make sure they don't bounce around in the tackle box and dull them up.

Seems like such a silly question but looking at my tackle box and hearing everything bounce around, there has to be a better way.

hook covers. You can get them at bass pro or sail. I personally don't use them. Most of my lures are crankbaits and I tend to set my hook on bass like I'm yankin' a tooth out of an angry gorilla. So the hook sharpness has not affected my hooking % as far as I've found. For dropshots and jigs, I bounce off rocks a lot and get snags so I usually replace them after an hour or 20-40 fish. I don't use expensive hooks, but I don't use super cheap ones either.

I will be looking at getting hook covers soon though, not to protect the hooks, more to prevent all my lures from getting caught up on eachother
08-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Used plastic prescription pill containers are handy for hooks and small split shot........... and come in 4 or 5 different transparent colours......and three or four sizes......

I also hook then wind 3 or 4 hair rigs around an old wine cork.......... and put this in a pill bottle....... it fits just nice and is secure and easy to carry, tangle free and small.

Other small containers that are handy are small metal mint cans (Velomint, Altoids) that have the hinged liid....... put a small magnet inside (it sticks to the steel) and its a great fly or hook case for your shirt pocket

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Both are great suggestions! Thanks mcfly and OT!

The plastic prescription pill containers is brilliant. I shall try it and see how it goes.
09-05-2013, 04:29 AM
(08-30-2013 11:53 AM)shawarma Wrote:  Alright, so i'm wondering how others store their lures and hooks and such to make sure they don't bounce around in the tackle box and dull them up.

For my multi-hook lures like crankbaits, I wrap a small elestic band from the tip of the rear treble to the lip. The middle hook(s) are held in place by the band as well. This lets me put multiple in one slot of the tackle tray without ANY tangling.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user