You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Piers near Markham.
08-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Piers near Markham.
I want to head out to a pier this week to try for some Salmon but I don't know much about pier locations.

Does anyone know any piers close or closer to Markham.

If you don't want to reveal it openly you can PM me.

Thanks a ton!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2013, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 06:28 PM by OldTimer.)
RE: Piers near Markham.
Hey Giuga10,

If you - or anyone out there - has actually discovered a listing of Ontario or Canadian controlled Great Lake piers within Ontario........... on line or in print......... please share it.......

It's like "classified" info........... for what reason ?.... beats me........... not even Google Maps shows them............

OT

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
08-13-2013, 08:15 PM
(08-13-2013 06:27 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  Hey Giuga10,

If you - or anyone out there - has actually discovered a listing of Ontario or Canadian controlled Great Lake piers within Ontario........... on line or in print......... please share it.......

It's like "classified" info........... for what reason ?.... beats me........... not even Google Maps shows them............

OT

For sure. That's pretty weird.
08-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Whitby harbor
Find all posts by this user
08-14-2013, 05:35 PM
whitby harbour,

I second that...

you will want to go at sun down, and stay late.

using a cleo spoon or other "GLOW" spoon bouncing off bottom will work best.

If you go there you will meet a young guy named Matt he will be the one catching most of the 25 + pound salmon.

~Jeremy.

08-14-2013, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 06:25 PM by MuskieBait.)
Re: staying late...

Used to go pier fishing at 9am and stay until 3-4am...some nights they still start hitting at 3am for no particular reason...it wasn't anything to do with solunar table, it wasn't a chance in pressure or wind or anything...like I said...no reason.

Personally, I've never really done well with salmon off piers...but I used to go often with a friend who do really, really well. It's often subtle difference that he's making to catch them which I'm not doing...and to be honest, I've never really figured out what that difference is...

But we also used to fish for walleye, steelhead and brown trout together...and I've done just as well as he did for those species when I can figure out what he was doing different Big Grin That's where I learned to always pay attention to the little details that people may not mention or point out, but they do subconsciously...always the little differences. He taught me a lot about it.

Fun times...can't do it anymore because of work... Sad

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
08-14-2013, 09:12 PM
And I assume the run will come in later since it hits areas farther north first. So what would be an appropriate time to go assuming this week is out of the question.
08-14-2013, 10:33 PM
I saw tons of people fishin for salmon yesterday at scarborough bluffs lol maybe people think they are coming?
08-15-2013, 12:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2013 12:25 AM by Giuga10.)
(08-14-2013 10:33 PM)mcfly Wrote:  I saw tons of people fishin for salmon yesterday at scarborough bluffs lol maybe people think they are coming?

Lol bet they're thinking, why are we getting all these Pike, Salmon should be here.. lol couple more weeks guys!
08-15-2013, 10:26 AM
One fact about bluffers...you don't need to come before sun up or sun down...salmons do run there but they take a U-turn and come back...they are pretty much stuck in the marina which is pretty sad because you will see them build redds but you know they can't really spawn there. So pretty much the early run is what is fun as they come in fresh. I can't blame people to fish for them this early as if you wait for the actual run...more fish - more people I don't really fish for salmon there. And everytime I come in Late October...lot's of zombie salmons (half dead) with multiple jewelries. Pike will never let you down at the bluffs though. they always seem down to play.