You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Provincial Fish Strategy
02-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Provincial Fish Strategy
I saw this on another forum and thought it might be interesting to some:

http://www.ebr.gov.on.ca/ERS-WEB-Externa...anguage=en

"The Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) has prepared a draft Provincial Fish Strategy which is a guiding document for managing fisheries resources in Ontario. It identifies provincial fisheries goals and objectives and tactics to achieve them. The main purposes of the strategy are to improve the conservation and management of Ontario’s fisheries resources; and to encourage fishing as an activity that contributes to the individual well-being and the social, cultural and economic well-being of communities in Ontario. MNR is seeking input from the public, stakeholders and Aboriginal Peoples on the content of the draft Provincial Fish Strategy. This input will be incorporated into the final Provincial Fish Strategy and will enable MNR to develop a strategy that reflects and balances the perspectives of all Ontarians."
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2014, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2014 03:00 PM by OldTimer.)
RE: Provincial Fish Strategy
(02-01-2014 11:24 PM)zippyFX Wrote:  I saw this on another forum and thought it might be interesting to some:

http://www.ebr.gov.on.ca/ERS-WEB-Externa...anguage=en

"The Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) has prepared a draft Provincial Fish Strategy which is a guiding document for managing fisheries resources in Ontario. It identifies provincial fisheries goals and objectives and tactics to achieve them. The main purposes of the strategy are to improve the conservation and management of Ontario’s fisheries resources; and to encourage fishing as an activity that contributes to the individual well-being and the social, cultural and economic well-being of communities in Ontario. MNR is seeking input from the public, stakeholders and Aboriginal Peoples on the content of the draft Provincial Fish Strategy. This input will be incorporated into the final Provincial Fish Strategy and will enable MNR to develop a strategy that reflects and balances the perspectives of all Ontarians."

Hey,

Thanks for the heads up Zippy.

My initial response is that it is VERY disappointing that such an important release with many far reaching and long term effects is not even mentioned on the main MNR site. One would expect that this would be center staged and highlighted on the main home screen as well as in the “latest news” and fishing area.

My rant is over………. Back to the subject:

Lots to read and review here. Then much to ponder.

I do plan to comment both on line here and formally to their system.

This is everyone's chance to speak up and be part of the process.

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2014, 01:30 PM
(02-02-2014 08:42 AM)OldTimer Wrote:  My initial response is that it is VERY disappointing that such an important release with many far reaching and long term effects is not even mentioned on the main MNR site. One would expect that this would be center staged and highlighted on the main home screen as well as in the “latest news” and fishing area.
Actually funny you should say that... I first heard of the EBR posting from the MNR's twitter feed, and later on tried to look it up through the MNR website, and of course didn't find it. But just by coincidence, on that one visit to the MNR website I was hit by their random customer satsifaction survey, so I got to complain about not finding the info I was looking for.

Anyway, commenting is open until May 21 for those interested. I'll try to give it a read before then.
Find all posts by this user
03-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Bump.......

.. have till May 21 to respond but there is a lot to read and absorb.........

OT

See you on the river.
04-30-2014, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 03:43 PM by OldTimer.)
Bump2.......

.. have till May 21 to respond but there is a lot to read and absorb......

... one of those concurrent things I mentioned today.

OT

See you on the river.
05-18-2014, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2014 04:11 PM by OldTimer.)
Only a few days remain to have a voice in your future.

I submitted my comments today.

As such:

.pdf  Thank you for the opportunity to comment on your draft.pdf (Size: 246.75 KB / Downloads: 13)

Opinions may vary........... smile.

Cheers,

OldTimer

Edit - this is the graphic I found unacceptable - since Anglers are not shown as a "key partner and stakeholder":

See you on the river.
05-18-2014, 03:45 PM
Admirable comments OT!

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
05-18-2014, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2014 07:07 AM by OldTimer.)
Hey guys - there are a few days left for you to comment and it need not be long, it need not be eloquent, and it need not be posted here.

Participate in making things better.............. your opinion is valuable and it does matter.

Cheers,

OldTimer

See you on the river.