You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Possible Fishing Ban at Grenadier Pond
02-20-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: Possible Fishing Ban at Grenadier Pond
There are fisheries in stormwater ponds in Toronto?? Like where?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Michael, Nick and Jeremy know a lot of them in the Markham area.

High Park has two stormwater ponds that USED TO have good carp fishing...not anymore due to overfishing.

Other water control impoundment like Lord G Ross Park or Milne Park can have decent fishing as well.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2013, 05:07 PM
(02-20-2013 02:23 PM)Sailor Joe Wrote:  There are fisheries in stormwater ponds in Toronto?? Like where?

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
02-20-2013, 05:57 PM
(02-20-2013 05:07 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  
(02-20-2013 02:23 PM)Sailor Joe Wrote:  There are fisheries in stormwater ponds in Toronto?? Like where?

16 what? Is this some kind of secret code?

Off topic anyway. Don't need to answer here.
02-20-2013, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 06:10 PM by MuskieBait.)
(02-20-2013 05:57 PM)Sailor Joe Wrote:  
(02-20-2013 05:07 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  

16 what? Is this some kind of secret code?

Off topic anyway. Don't need to answer here.

"16" is a very distinguished and privileged group of individuals on this forum. Although they are a standout group, you do not want membership into this group. Trust me. WinkBig Grin

We are constantly trying to minimize the membership within this "16" group...MA will throw his thunderbolt if there are new membership into this "16" group. Tongue

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

02-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Ahh. Well then I'll wear it with pride I think.
02-20-2013, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 06:18 PM by MuskieBait.)
BTW, bring it back into topic, if you are truly concerned about losing fishing rights and access at High Park, you should contact and volunteer with the Toronto Urban Fishing Ambassadors and give your contribution toward maintaining High Park as a city fishing venue.

http://torontourbanfishing.com/

That is one membership that is worthwhile.

Malama o ke kai

02-20-2013, 06:55 PM
(02-20-2013 06:17 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  BTW, bring it back into topic, if you are truly concerned about losing fishing rights and access at High Park, you should contact and volunteer with the Toronto Urban Fishing Ambassadors and give your contribution toward maintaining High Park as a city fishing venue.

http://torontourbanfishing.com/

That is one membership that is worthwhile.

It is good work that they do.
02-23-2013, 07:45 PM
During the Toronto Sportsmen's show TUFA had a two hour meeting with MNR about High Park.
The following week @ the Spring Fishing Show we spoke directly to two of four Enforcement Officers for our area about High Park. At this time it would appear that Enforcement Officer Robert who attended Oct outdoor Classroom and the July Catch Fishing Days is the one person assigned to patrol Grenadier Pond once a week. He has several languages that he speaks enabling him to converse with the anglers at High Park more effectively. High Park is not a MNR priority and recieves one visit a week in the prime fishing season. This will not change i am told. The MNR recieved copies of the reports from Grenadier Pond and told me they get this stuff all the time for various bodies of water. They do not have the resources to patrol more often. If you are concerned about Poaching take pictures and call both the MNR tips line but also the police. The MNR were not invited to the Feb 25 High Park Meeting. TUFA will be there. I will let you know how this plays out. WE have spent a month preparing our case and yet i am concerned about the momentum against fishing Grenadier Pond.
02-25-2013, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 09:07 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
(02-23-2013 07:45 PM)tangledline Wrote:  The MNR were not invited to the Feb 25 High Park Meeting. TUFA will be there. I will let you know how this plays out. WE have spent a month preparing our case and yet i am concerned about the momentum against fishing Grenadier Pond.

Would love to hear how the meeting went. Would be a shame to lose this body of water. When I used to be involved in recreational dirt biking, there were always the select view that chose to install "performance" exhaust pipes that ruined the sport for the rest of us and resulted in the loss of riding areas due to excessive noise. Same thing happening here... I keep picking hobbies that get hated on Tongue

[Image: logobgs.png]