You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Review on Tackle Direct
10-11-2013, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2013 07:06 PM by MuskieBait.)
Review on Tackle Direct
** If you don't feel like reading, I just want to say Tackle Direct has UNPARALLELED customer service. If you ever need to make an online purchase for gear that is not available to Canada, consider them! Their regular prices for some tackle is sometimes cheaper than Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's or other online retailers.

The story...

I bought a Tsunami Kayak Inshore rod in June from Tackle Direct.

About 3 weeks ago, the rod snapped. The rod carries a 5-year Limited Warranty, so I called Tsunami directly to determine if the rod can be repaired or replaces.

Tsunami told me they don't have an account to deal directly with Canadian customers, but I can call the retailer and Tackle Direct will take care of me.

So I called Tackle Direct, and everything went about smoothly. I just need to send the rod back (at my cost as always) and T.D. will ship me a brand new rod back at their cost.

After the broken rod in on its way back to T.D., I decided to add an extra rod purchase. I received a $10 discount off my next purchase of $100 or over, and I wanted to take advantage of it. Even though my new rod purchase was only $90, T.D. said "No problem. We can do that". They gave me the discount just the same (I was prepared to get something like hooks or a lure to top up to $100).

I was wondering if my new rod purchase can be shipped together with the replacement rod. T.D. said "No problem. We can do that." The new rod was shipped to me, together with the replacement rod, at no extra shipping cost. Normally it is about $24 to Canada.

A day before the rod got back to T.D., I remembered there is something important I need to make note. I contacted T.D. and asked them to declare the replacement rod as a warranty repair (or else new purchases could be liable for custom charges). Again, T.D. said "No problem. We can do that, and we'll even declare your new purchase with a very low value so you can avoid the custom fees."

My broken rod arrived at T.D., I got an email saying everything is good to be shipped, and it was sent to FedEX on the same day with a tracking number for me. That was just 3 days ago.

Today, I received the two rods packed together, beautifully bubble wrapped to protect the rods.

I sent T.D. an appreciation email. Then, I realized in my online T.D. account, my order record doesn't show the new rod purchase. This is needed in case I have a warranty issue in the future. I also noticed that I did not receive any Reward Points from my new rod purchase. I felt bad now asking so much from T.D., but just the same they said "No problem, I've sent you a PDF of your order record with the new purchase added on, and I've manually added in the Reward Points for you."

Wow...just WOW! Now THAT is great customer service!!! Never once were they impolite or impatient...everything is "Yes, we can do that."

If you have to make an online purchase, consider Tackle Direct!!!

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2013, 07:29 PM
RE: Review on Tackle Direct
Word of mouth is always amazing. Thanks for the link to them. I didn't know they existed and i just spend 15 minutes randomly clicking on things and bookmarked their site!
Find all posts by this user
10-12-2013, 12:00 AM
Never tried them..usually order from tackle warehouse..
10-15-2013, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2013 04:48 PM by MuskieBait.)
Tackle Warehouse is good for anything bass related...but if you want anything else, it's more difficult to find at Tackle Warehouse. Look at their line of Shimano rods. I don't see anything that is heavy enough as a dedicated pike and muskie rod...or anything that is light enough as a trout and panfish rod.

Tackle Direct, on the other hand, has a really good selection of all tackle...from UL trout rods to muskie and catfish rods...all the way to heavy saltwater trolling rods and long, heavy action surf rods. Their reel selection is just as impressive.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
10-15-2013, 06:28 PM
I mainly target bass anyways....as long as any site has decent prices and didn't charge an arm and a leg for shipping i will give them a chance...
10-19-2013, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2013 07:32 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
Canada needs a site like this... sick of paying international shipping and customs. Also frustrated of sub-par selection we have tackle-wise.

/rant

[Image: logobgs.png]
10-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Canada has such a short season and a much smaller market...hard for a Canadian company to be able to compete...
09-05-2019, 07:19 PM
This is great... thanks for sharing!!