You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Strike King KVD Swim Jig Review
06-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Strike King KVD Swim Jig Review
Over the weekend I picked up a couple of strike king kvd swim jigs - 1/2oz in black/blue & bluegill. I was thoroughly impressed at the number of hits I was getting on these, literally on the initial sink without any swim. I used some berkley double tails for trailers in matching colours and the presentation was superb. something like a fancy aquatic dragon fly with very jiggly legs.

As for the weed guard, I was dragging them through rocks and cover like no tomorrow. I had one bad snag on 8lb mono and lost my bluegill when it snapped, so I switched over to my 10lb vicious fluroucarbon (very strong & stretchy, have yet to experience a snap).

My only gripe is that one of the eyes came off after dragging over rocks. But I still can't complain given how much pressure I put on these.

By days end I had a few very nice largies thanks to these jigs. I rate them 9/10 but recommend getting the smaller bitsy strike kings as a backup - the hooks are massive and you might be losing decent sized fish because of it.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 04:18 PM
RE: Strike King KVD Swim Jig Review
(06-04-2013 11:32 PM)meowx Wrote:  By days end I had a few very nice largies thanks to these jigs.

Where's bass season open?

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2013, 11:50 PM
(06-05-2013 04:18 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  Where's bass season open?

Took the words right outta my mouth..
06-06-2013, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 02:52 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
(06-04-2013 11:32 PM)meowx Wrote:  I was thoroughly impressed at the number of hits I was getting on these, literally on the initial sink without any swim.

Bass are very aggressive during their spawning period. They'll defend their nests (I think).

When people go out to the Kawarthas for walleye this time of year.... well they're going to catch a lot of bass. I don't know if there is any way around this.

I now find a good weedguard to be imperative for bass/pike/etc. (any ambush predator) fishing. It gives me that extra bit of confidence to really throw my lure into some knarly stuff. If you have some thread and thick mono, you can tie your own weedguards on....

Check out the single and double mono loop weed gaurds:

http://www.intheriffle.com/fly-tying-tip...ed-guards/

[Image: logobgs.png]