You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Shore Fishing in Trenton Ontario
05-24-2016, 10:14 PM
RE: Shore Fishing in Trenton Ontario
(05-24-2016 09:51 PM)Deadfisher Wrote:  Sorry RustyNailz76.
I believe you'll find it difficult to near impossible extracting detailed info on locations on any fishing forum.
I pointed you in the right direction, what more do you want...someone to bait your hook for you?

I appreciate your previous response for telling me about the dam, but, all I was asking to what bait or technique I should use at that location...is it wrong to ask for this? Obviously if you fished this area/spot and know what works, but, if its a secret to you, then don't bother responding to helping a person where to go, if you can't give more info. I know if I can be helpful to someone.... I would. No where did I ask for someone to bait my hook...this type of comment/response I don't need. As far as I know, a forum should be a good place to turn to for info/help needed or else what's the point of having a forum if no one wants to provide help.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2016, 03:32 PM
(05-24-2016 10:14 PM)RustyNailz76 Wrote:  ..this type of comment/response I don't need. As far as I know, a forum should be a good place to turn to for info/help needed or else what's the point of having a forum if no one wants to provide help.

We do .......and have thousands of times.......... and frankly your comment and responses to date - we don't need.

So far all we've see from you sir is gimmee, without so much as an intro.

I wish you well in your future endeavours.

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-25-2016, 05:29 PM
(05-25-2016 03:32 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  [quote='RustyNailz76' pid='16568' dateline='1464142455']

..this type of comment/response I don't need. As far as I know, a forum should be a good place to turn to for info/help needed or else what's the point of having a forum if no one wants to provide help.

We do .......and have thousands of times.......... and frankly your comment and responses to date - we don't need.

So far all we've see from you sir is gimmee, without so much as an intro.

I wish you well in your future endeavours.

All I'm going to say Fishing Info. isn't gold and I ain't robbing anyone of anything then simply asking a simple question for help. I can tell everyone right now, go to Lake Nippissing and use a lindy rig with a live worm and you will catch fish....see for me giving info to helping others is no issue at all. This is the response, I was looking for help with bait/lures or technique at the Trenton Dam. No harm done. I'm sorry, I think fishermen who hold back info so there spot won't be fished are just selfish....I'm definitely not one of them. Thank you.
05-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Rusty, everyone has a right to share as much or as little as they like. Simply belonging on a forum does not immediate require any members to share everything they know.

Some people, like you, may have no reservations to share everything. That is perfectly fine. Some people, like myself, see everything we've learned from experience and through learning from others as knowledge that is valued, as a lot of effort was put forward to build out knowledge.

The internet can be accessed by anyone, whether they contribute positively to our community or not. As such, there are those members, called "lurkers" who simply join a community just to take but never give.

Sure, you said you are more than willing to give to the community, but as a new member, all that our members see from you was the ask for information without so much as an introduction post to say "hello". That's interpreted as simply opening your palm to ask for a hand out.

In additon, respect is mutual. When you post a sarcastic comment toward two members that are reacquainted through the community, don't be surprised that the members are not more helpful.

Respect people's right to share or not to share, and respect each other as members of a community.

(05-25-2016 05:29 PM)RustyNailz76 Wrote:  All I'm going to say Fishing Info. isn't gold and I ain't robbing anyone of anything then simply asking a simple question for help. I can tell everyone right now, go to Lake Nippissing and use a lindy rig with a live worm and you will catch fish....see for me giving info to helping others is no issue at all. This is the response, I was looking for help with bait/lures or technique at the Trenton Dam. No harm done. I'm sorry, I think fishermen who hold back info so there spot won't be fished are just selfish....I'm definitely not one of them. Thank you.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
05-25-2016, 09:23 PM
[quote='MuskieBait' pid='16574' dateline='1464223756']
Rusty, everyone has a right to share as much or as little as they like. Simply belonging on a forum does not immediate require any members to share everything they know.

Some people, like you, may have no reservations to share everything. That is perfectly fine. Some people, like myself, see everything we've learned from experience and through learning from others as knowledge that is valued, as a lot of effort was put forward to build out knowledge.

The internet can be accessed by anyone, whether they contribute positively to our community or not. As such, there are those members, called "lurkers" who simply join a community just to take but never give.

Sure, you said you are more than willing to give to the community, but as a new member, all that our members see from you was the ask for information without so much as an introduction post to say "hello". That's interpreted as simply opening your palm to ask for a hand out.

In additon, respect is mutual. When you post a sarcastic comment toward two members that are reacquainted through the community, don't be surprised that the members are not more helpful.

Respect people's right to share or not to share, and respect each other as members of a community.

I completely understand what you mean, my point was to be, I received a response of a fishing location, which was greatly appreciated, and was just looking for more info, in regards to what is best to use there..etc. I didn't know that someone will respond of a spot and not want to respond to hopeful of getting further help. My comment about the reaquintance, was more just a joke, no harm to be meant from it...I do apologize if it did come off sarcastic, but, not my intention at all. So anyone I did offend, my complete apologies. I'm just saying myself, if I can give a helping hand to someone, even it took me years to master...I wont hesitate to give help if I can, hope to build mutual respect. If someone doesn't, then your right it's there perogative. Now as a newbie here, I know now what I can ask and shouldn't ask. Again, my apologies to anyone I offended.
05-26-2016, 01:54 PM
(05-25-2016 09:23 PM)RustyNailz76 Wrote:  ......... my apologies to anyone I offended.

No worries.

OT

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
05-26-2016, 09:17 PM
OK, this went south real fast.
I owe Rusty and the rest of the forum members an apology for my off handed remark. I'm sorry.

Rusty...almost all 45 locks on the Trent Severn Waterway have good to excellent fishing and public access. When using spinning gear I'll first cover the water with in line spinners like large #4 Mepps and Panther Martins, varying the speed and depth . A good selection of crank baits like Rapalas, Rebels and Bomber etc. 3"-8" can be fished slower, with more erratic motion. Swim baits and other plastics have produced but be prepared to loose a lot of jigs as the bottom is strewn with rubble.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Deadfisher for this post:
RustyNailz76 (05-26-2016)
05-26-2016, 09:25 PM
(05-26-2016 09:17 PM)Deadfisher Wrote:  OK, this went south real fast.
I owe Rusty and the rest of the forum members an apology for my off handed remark. I'm sorry.

Rusty...almost all 45 locks on the Trent Severn Waterway have good to excellent fishing and public access. When using spinning gear I'll first cover the water with in line spinners like large #4 Mepps and Panther Martins, varying the speed and depth . A good selection of crank baits like Rapalas, Rebels and Bomber etc. 3"-8" can be fished slower, with more erratic motion. Swim baits and other plastics have produced but be prepared to loose a lot of jigs as the bottom is strewn with rubble.

Deadfisher, no worries, I very much appreciate the response. When I have a chance to go..I will give it a shot and let you know how I did. Again, my sincere apologies if I offended anyone in anyway. Again, any info I can provide to everyone of a lake I fished previously, I'll be more then happy to give any tips I can. Tight lines to all!!
05-27-2016, 12:10 PM
When fishing locks, is it generally better to fish downstream of it or above?
05-28-2016, 11:32 PM
(05-27-2016 12:10 PM)ST_ShoreFisher Wrote:  When fishing locks, is it generally better to fish downstream of it or above?

Not sure, but I know it's illegal to "Fish within 22.9 m (75 ft.) downstream from the lower entrance to any fishway or canal, obstacle, or any device designed to assist fish around an obstacle." (Ontario Fishing Regulations Summary 2016), so before fishing a lock you might want to check to see if there's any such thing there.