You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Volunteers Wanted Oct 27 Coho Egg Collection
10-10-2012, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 10:08 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
Volunteers Wanted Oct 27 Coho Egg Collection
The Metro East Anglers are looking for volunteers to help out with Coho egg collection for their hatchery program. A great bunch of guys and a great cause to support!

This is the only Coho Salmon Hatchery Program in all of Ontario. The purpose is to help create a brood stock of coho salmon in the credit river.

Collection will be held on October 27 at the Streetsville Dam on the Credit River in Missisagua.

Send an email to metroeastanglers@gmail.com to indicate you'd like to participate in the egg collection on October the 27th. Include your name and the names of anyone attending with you Smile.

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there! I'm open for car-pooling from the GTA.

[Image: salmon,+coho.jpg]

More info in Jeremy's post below Smile.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MichaelAngelo for this post:
Jeremy Ray Green (10-10-2012)
10-10-2012, 09:33 PM
RE: Volunteers Wanted Oct 27 Coho Egg Collection
Where is this hapening and time etc? or where can i find more information. Id like to take part if im able
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2012, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2012 09:06 AM by MichaelAngelo.)
(10-10-2012 08:40 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  The Metro East Anglers are looking for volunteers to help out with Coho egg collection for their stocking program on October the 27th. A great bunch of guys and a great cause to support!

Send an email to metroeastanglers@gmail.com to indicate you'd like to participate in the egg collection on October the 27th.

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there! I'm open for car-pooling from the GTA.

[Image: salmon,+coho.jpg]

Jeremy, if I missed any details let me know and I'll add them into this post.

Only that, this Is the Only Coho Salmon Hatchery Program in All Of Ontario.

It will be at the streetsville dam on the credit river in mississagua,
the purpose is to help create a brood stock of coho salmon on the credit river, we take from the river and return all raised coho salmon to that river one year later.

Last week the MEA stocked approximatly 27 thousand coho salmon into the credit river, at an average size of 27 grams, some of the larger stocked "FINGERLINGS" we up to 32 grams in weight.

If you are interested in attending,
you will need to register your name and anyone attending with you to the email address, metroeastanglers@gmail.com

The club currently has approximately 34 thousand rainbow trout being reared in the hatchery that will, be stocked directly into the rouge river in the spring,
We will also be managing the milne fish ladder from the early days of march on through the spring into the summer and will be needing many hands to make for light work.

here's a quick video of the hatchery and our former chinook salmon mass marking/fin clipping trailer...

Please Address any interest to the email that michael had originally provided.

metroeastanglers@gmail.com

Everyone is invited to participate, thank you for your support;
OntarioShoreFishing.Com

~Jeremy.

This is what you can expect, as We look to net coho salmon.

If you choose to Help in the water you should bring non breathable chest waders, some waders are available, Or if you choose to help from shore, bring your cameras and take lots of pictures, you still need to register your name.

we will take the eggs back to the hatchery and set them in incubation trays to hatch out, Allot of help will be needed to clean through and pick out dead eggs over the next few weeks after that, before setting them into their early rearing tanks..

~Jeremy.

10-10-2012, 10:32 PM
I'd be very interested. I'll see if I'm busy on that day but I'd definitely love to come!

Thanks,
Giuga10
10-10-2012, 10:43 PM
(10-10-2012 09:33 PM)Ridx Wrote:  Where is this hapening and time etc? or where can i find more information. Id like to take part if im able

(10-10-2012 10:32 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  I'd be very interested. I'll see if I'm busy on that day but I'd definitely love to come!

Thanks,
Giuga10

Mark off those calendars... the beautiful coho depend on us Big Grin

Besides... how could you say no to this face?

Tongue

[Image: coho_spawn.jpg]

[Image: O_kisutch_2.jpg]

10-10-2012, 10:49 PM
(10-10-2012 10:43 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Mark off those calendars... the beautiful coho depend on us Big Grin

Besides... how could you say no to this face?

Tongue

[Image: coho_spawn.jpg]

[Image: O_kisutch_2.jpg]

Bahahahahahah. Now that you put it that way. Those cuddly wittle Salmon can't be turned down. Tongue

[Image: male_coho.jpg]
Isn't he a cutey????

Giuga10
10-10-2012, 10:54 PM
LOL that last pic is horrifying!! Big Grin

10-16-2012, 11:33 PM
METROEASTANGLERS@GMAIL.COM

10-16-2012, 11:39 PM
I would like to participate but I don't have a wader. so I can take pictures for you and provide car pool from thornhill/Markham.
10-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Sent an email for volunteering and have not heard back yet so am wondering if I did not send the email to the correct email or not? Did others receive any information once you sent the email to sign up?