You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

baitrunner reel for under $20
04-08-2014, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 03:01 PM by OldTimer.)
RE: baitrunner reel for under $20
Yeah............... but I like their egg rolls and pineapple balled chicken.

OT

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 08:42 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
(04-08-2014 01:26 AM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Michael can tell you all about his experience with cheap Chinese braid.

Well, I may as well chime in about it. Price is cheap and it looks good on eBay or whichever site you choose to buy it from. However, it is completely inferior to PowerPro in terms of the breaking strain/diameter ratio. The stuff I received was thicker than PowerPro of the same tensile rating and also broke with less force than the PowerPro "tensile strength equivalent. This is just my experience, you can read the pro test the line here:

http://www.paulusjustfishing.com/4linetesting.htm

It's like fishing with rope you buy at Dollarama. Not sure what it's made of. Sure doesn't feel like quality fiber.

[Image: logobgs.png]
04-09-2014, 09:29 PM
(04-09-2014 08:42 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  ...

It's like fishing with rope you buy at Dollarama. Not sure what it's made of. Sure doesn't feel like quality fiber.

It's probably made from the hair of executed Chinese prisoners.
The kidneys, liver, and corneas go to the wealthy elites who run the PRC, the hair goes to some junk tackle manufacturer.
Find all posts by this user
04-09-2014, 09:48 PM
(04-09-2014 09:29 PM)Eli Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 08:42 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  ...

It's probably made from the hair of executed Chinese prisoners.
The kidneys, liver, and corneas go to the wealthy elites who run the PRC, the hair goes to some junk tackle manufacturer.

You're on a tear tonight! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
04-09-2014, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 11:18 PM by fishfight.)
I am not necessary siding with the chinese, I am just trying to be less biased since I travel to China and do business and seen the progress in infrastructure, product development ,way faster than any development project here in GTA. I agree , they do copy technology, and they re-sell back to people for less price due to not having to invest in R&D. Who benefits from moving most production to Developing countries? The Corporate CEO of first world country. Competition are growing within Chinese manufacturer, their better disposable income and knowledge, have challenge them to improve in quality.

Ken, your parents were from Hong Kong! How did hong kong, a china territory, originally end up being managed by England for many years? China lost on the Opium war more than 100 years ago. The Chinese tried to be smart, refuse to trade other goods from England and only will accept silver as form of payment, The manufactured finish Chinese porcelain goods were sold to england and other countries, where the porcelain technology originally came from England. England decides to trade with the drug Opium instead as another strategy. When the local chinese citizen got addicted and lost incentive to prosper as a nation. Chinese government decides to fight back and go to war against england, but end up losing the battle due to inferior weaponry. China defeat, end up handing over the state of Hong kong for England to manage for 99 years. Only few years ago, England handed Hong kong back to China after fulfilling the peace treaty.

Is this not happening all over again, China refuse to appreciate their RMB currency past few days, to make their goods more expensive to buy or trade? Demand for their cheap labor has been in existence for centuries. Why China are suitable as an industrialize country? Their culture and old traditional upbringing values were always maintained, with a standard of hard work, family values, and saving for the rainy day! They also have a huge population, so finding smart hard working intelligent people are more available. Under communism, people have been oppress for years, now that freedom has been allowed, people learn to compete.

Michaelangelo, I agree with inferior braided line, one needs to buy at least 20lb heavier to match power pro string tensile strength as I read on line, since unknown braided line sold are over-rated. Line stength will improve and get better soon, other manufacturer will have to improve to compete. I remember the first batch of braided line that came out were Spiderwire, then fusion braid, they were so inferior in quality, but cost a lot, marketed to the Elite and pros. Just over a decade ago, the way to measure an anglers' expertise was those who can land the biggest fish at the smallest possible mono line, not only enjoy the thrill of a long fight, they get to control the bragging rights.

Chrysler Grand Caravan only cost $20,000, with 9 airbags, and 270HP 6 cylinder engine. Made in Canada with US original inferior technology, cheap to buy compared to Japanese or korean brand cars, with tons of problems and recall. Since our modern society have a growing mentality that most items being disposable, lack of incentive for our generation to be street smart in fixing and salvaging for longevity, where image are more important to a person than saving for a rainy day, we just find excuses to dump and change, borrow money to enjoy today, regardless of debt being accumulated. I just read Canadians have higher debt than Americans today, yet we have not learned from the mistakes south of the border.

I buy inexpensive new technology Poly Tennis sting line on china website. They are actually very comparable in feel to expensive top branded name product, I have been winning more with these strings to my surprise, is it the string or my technical skill and training were the result of more winning matches? Probably more placebo effect! Now which countries actually created new technology string even if this newer Poly string resiliency seems to die out faster than string produce 20 years ago? The Western culture. Since the saturation level on quality of all brand and unknown name brand string, Western companies have to market new products to increase spending, the so called "Advancement in technology" claiming to improve our lives. Just like Skinny Jeans being marketed to get rid of flare jeans that just being promoted few years ago.

Here are the original manufacturing rules to set up factories within China, 30% of goods produce by each factory should be sold locally within china market. What happen to these 30% goods, they end up being sold outside of the country at black market rate. Does the original US companies knew about this practice? They knew all along, they just close a blind eye on what has been transpiring, and accept the process as a form of bribery to the government controlled manufacturing plant. Who actually controls this way of bringing manufacturing sector and doing business to China? Corporate CEO and Stock holders outside of China. Share holders only care about their shares, and profitability of the company, ignore potential human rights abuse, or eve decreasing North American labor force, where goods can be made at the expense of cheaper labor. This is todays' Capitalism. Chinese and other asian businessman are always being controlled by the Elitist Westerners (Illuminati).
04-11-2014, 07:59 AM
You need to lay off the tiger wine, fishfight.
04-11-2014, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 01:43 PM by MuskieBait.)
Wow! This post has everything! Opium War, debt-to-income ratio, the history of line, "poor" Canadian production cars, tennis matches, and even the Illuminati! You gotta believe a post when the Illuminati is involved!

I don't have time today or this weekend to go through everything...but immediately, I know this...

Please look up where some of these long-lived Japanese and Korean cars are produced...models such as Honda Accord and Honda Civic and Toyota Camry and Toyota Accord. I also want to say that your statement...

"Since our modern society have a growing mentality that most items being disposable, lack of incentive for our generation to be street smart in fixing and salvaging for longevity..."

...is a bit dumbfound. A product that is made for longevity does not need any street smart to fix or salvage if it does not break down. If your argument is that North America cars are poor because North Americans don't know how or don't spend time to fix them, while cars in China last long because people spent time to fix them...well...a car that breaks down at Year 5, regardless if people fix it or not, still broke down at Year 5. The argument should be whether this car should break down at Year 5, not whether people can or do fix it.

I don't know much about fixing cars. I can tell if a car is showing signs of wear or issue though. Our 1992 Accord lasted 15 years before it was sold, and our 2002 Camry is still taking me on adventures. My knowledge and ability to fix cars has nothing to so with the longevity of these cars.

I don't deny that cars made by Honda and Toyota are known for longevity compare to cars made by Ford and Dodge. However, when you make an argument, please make it a bit clearer as to what you wish to say. And both our model of cars were produced in North America (Marysville, Ohio and Georgetown, Kentucky).

Also, please be aware not to broadly lump Asian quality with Chinese quality. Japanese engineering and manufacturing has come a LONG way...and it took 30-40 years to get there post-war. Older members here will remember that once upon a time, Japanese products received the same "crap" designation as Chinese products today. Currently, I would pay $300 (if I can afford) for a JDM Daiwa reel but only willing to pay $50 (if even that) for a China domestic manufactured reel. That speaks volume in terms of quality. Do not even put Japanese quality with Chinese quality.

Please look at the Japanese asset price bubble and what caused it...

"The bubble episode has been characterized by rapid acceleration of asset prices, overheated economic activity, as well as uncontrolled money supply and credit expansion. More specifically, over-confidence and speculation over asset and stock prices has been closely associated with excessive monetary easing policy at that time."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_as...ice_bubble

Then look at some history of China's hidden inflation and what the Chinese government is trying to do to mitigate it (or cover it up)...I see uncontrolled money supply and credit expansion...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-19...vanec.html

And in fact the inflation is not over yet...just hidden

http://www.scmp.com/article/994262/china...ue-picture

And now in 2014, China is still trying (for several years) to suppress the RMB from appreciation...which continue to make China's export cheap, and increasing the export surplus...and that will lead to more trouble...following Japan's footstep...

As Chinese production cost begin to increase due to increasing wages, increasing need to comply with worker's benefits (http://www.china-briefing.com/news/2012/...ees.html), increasing need to comply with environmental protection, and increasing demand of limited resources and labour force...there will be a shift...and when that shift comes, watch out!

BTW, I also want to say that as much as I think it is silly for the US to spend so much on military spending on wars that it has no business in, at the same time, if it wasn't for the US spending on wars in the past, especially in World War II support toward China's war effort, China wouldn't be China right now...we'd be speaking Japanese...so before you start bad mouthing everything, be grateful that this "world bully" had also work in your favour in the past.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
04-11-2014, 10:57 AM
I think everyone has made their point and that his thread should now be locked or go back to the original topic.
04-11-2014, 12:40 PM
(04-11-2014 10:57 AM)zippyFX Wrote:  I think everyone has made their point and that his thread should now be locked or go back to the original topic.

Does that mean we won't be gettin' the eggrolls and some pineapple balled chicken?...........darn

Cheers,

Oldtimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.