You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Abu Garcia rod and reel combo.
06-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Abu Garcia rod and reel combo.
Bought a veritas vrc692-6 6ft9" rod with a revo s reel.

Got this from bass pro as a present to myself. It is fantastic.

I am used to my ugly stick so this is a welcome change. It's a medium to heavy action rod that I find is really comfortable to use all day spinning. I much prefer the baitcaster style of fishing.

Great buy. Love it.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: Abu Garcia rod and reel combo.
wait, did you get the spinning or baitcast reel? Couldn't tell by the post lol
07-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Yea, that isn't very clear lol.

It's a baitcaster.
07-02-2013, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 07:33 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
I have a Revo SX sitting in my closet collecting dust... I don't have a rod to match it with that'll do it justice LOL. =S

G, what do you like better about baitcasting? Honestly, I'm really liking my medium-heavy spinning outfit with 20lb braid for general bass/pike fishing. I can cast all day without wasting a minute undoing a backlash, and I can cast from any position without worrying about the smoothness of my casting stroke. Maybe i haven't spent enough time with a casting reel yet.

If you're upgrading from an ugly stick then the difference in performance a graphite rod grants you will be striking.

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-25-2013, 08:03 PM
(07-02-2013 07:32 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  I have a Revo SX sitting in my closet collecting dust... I don't have a rod to match it with that'll do it justice LOL. =S

G, what do you like better about baitcasting? Honestly, I'm really liking my medium-heavy spinning outfit with 20lb braid for general bass/pike fishing. I can cast all day without wasting a minute undoing a backlash, and I can cast from any position without worrying about the smoothness of my casting stroke. Maybe i haven't spent enough time with a casting reel yet.

If you're upgrading from an ugly stick then the difference in performance a graphite rod grants you will be striking.

Bass Pro has their own IM6 line of rods with premium cork handles for spinning and baitcaster reels. These rods have had really good reviews and only cost around $40 bucks! I bought one and love it! Why pay three times more (oh wait the warranty) for a name brand expensive rod when this will do just fine...........Check it out for yourself Michael Ang
07-25-2013, 08:23 PM
(07-25-2013 08:03 PM)ifish Wrote:  Bass Pro has their own IM6 line of rods with premium cork handles for spinning and baitcaster reels. These rods have had really good reviews and only cost around $40 bucks! I bought one and love it! Why pay three times more (oh wait the warranty) for a name brand expensive rod when this will do just fine...........Check it out for yourself Michael Ang

I don't know...ask my cousin in Texas...he has one of the BassPro IM6 line of rod...but ever since he got a Cumera, he hasn't touched this BassPro rod. Something he kept mumbling about lightweight, sensitivity and backbone which is just so perfect for him to finesse some bass. And yes, that Limited Lifetime Warranty.

There are certain things to be said about paying a bit more for better quality gear...but at the same time let's not get crazy spending money on a 3500 size Stellar for walleye fishing.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-25-2013, 09:49 PM
(07-25-2013 08:23 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  
(07-25-2013 08:03 PM)ifish Wrote:  Bass Pro has their own IM6 line of rods with premium cork handles for spinning and baitcaster reels. These rods have had really good reviews and only cost around $40 bucks! I bought one and love it! Why pay three times more (oh wait the warranty) for a name brand expensive rod when this will do just fine...........Check it out for yourself Michael Ang

I don't know...ask my cousin in Texas...he has one of the BassPro IM6 line of rod...but ever since he got a Cumera, he hasn't touched this BassPro rod. Something he kept mumbling about lightweight, sensitivity and backbone which is just so perfect for him to finesse some bass. And yes, that Limited Lifetime Warranty.

There are certain things to be said about paying a bit more for better quality gear...but at the same time let's not get crazy spending money on a 3500 size Stellar for walleye fishing.

I suppose there is something to be said for higher priced rods. But Keep in mind this is a $40.00 rod and does perform in my opinon like a rod you would expect to pay around $100.00. But It is fair to say that these rods should not be used for larger species as the backbone is ok but not great.....agree with this (again $40.00 rod). I suppose it also depends on what one sees as expensive. I use to fish loomis in the 80s and at that time you would expect to pay 500 to 700 bucks. The only rods I tend to shell out big bucks on nowadays is on the fly rods and my float rods where sensitivity is crucial especially when fishing for trout as they are one of the most spooked fish species in Canadian waters. At the end of the day you cannot go wrong for only $40.00. By the way, love the pictures of your travels......really awesome shots.

FishOn
IFish
Cool
09-24-2013, 02:18 PM
My next reel will be the revo mgx...super light weight...have a dobyns waiting to get paired up once I do..but for now my go to setup is a 7'2" mh shimano cumara and my super tuned 101 core...