Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Amazing and easy way of catching worms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
hahahah!!!

My grandfather stuck that prod in his garden every weekend. Classic!

Anyway I have a hunch about vinegar, since mustard has vinegar in it.

Here's what some googling produced:
http://www.cidervinegar.com/n/en/comico.htm

Vinegar alone might do the trick.

Also I don't recommend any of this over a garden, just some random patch in the woods should do Tongue
Great.......... two experiments (MA = cider vinegar) (Redmire = mustard solution).

Now here's the next ponder:

What's the best home made worm bedding.............. - once you have them?

Cheers,

OldTimer
(05-18-2012 04:32 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]What's the best home made worm bedding.............. - once you have them?

I seem to recall damp shredded paper and soil was a good combo. Need to check my old Angler's Mails.......
(05-18-2012 04:32 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]Great.......... two experiments (MA = cider vinegar) (Redmire = mustard solution).

Now here's the next ponder:

What's the best home made worm bedding.............. - once you have them?

Cheers,

OldTimer

We're going to get to the bottom of this!

And I've read about building a worm farm, apparently the wild worms aren't the fastest growing ones. Apparently "tiger worms" are sold at garden centers and grow faster.

I haven't checked yet.

Man I need to get on this or risk spending $100 on worms this year....

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBrCaVySmDU
Has anyone had any experience with fake worms?
(05-18-2012 06:55 PM)Redmire Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone had any experience with fake worms?

I've tried worms side-by-side while sight-fishing panfish and small bass. There's no comparison, real worms far outperform the fake ones.

At least from what I could tell.
That government link states that grass is tolerant of juglone. I was thinking of doing a side by side comparison of walnuts/mustard/vinegar if I have free time
let me try
(05-19-2012 10:02 PM)infante Wrote: [ -> ]let me try

Do it! I currently work the night shift and I need to deal with some school crap in the few hours of daylight I have.
I tried some mustard on Saturday evening and didn't raise any worms. Tried some vinegar, didn't raise any worms.

Today I replicated gramps' electro rod worm shocker. I raised 2 worms Tongue. Unfortunately, worms raised in this method aren't too healthy afterwards Tongue

My conclusion: the hot and dry weather has driven all the worms too deep to collect.

Did anybody else have worm success? LOL I can't believe I got skunked for worms.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's