Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Cart Wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I’m looking to buy a used Angler’s Cart.

Sorta like this one:

[attachment=157]

I’m starting to find that carrying everything I need out to the fishing spots is a multi-trip deal.

Plus just last week Fred & I went out to the Kinsmen’s trail to fish 6 or 7 great spots along the river…….. Well, halfway down the trail Fred has a heart attack…………. So it’s fish a spot……drag Fred………fish a spot………..drag Fred some more………..what a bummer – it cut my available casting time in half, and was a bit tirin’ on me. A cart wooda helped a lot.

But don’t worry – Fred’s fine now & says he’ll chip in for half of the cart - to avoid the gravel burn next time.

….smile

Cheers,

OldTimer
Never a dull moment!
(06-11-2012 01:57 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]Never a dull moment!

OK.... I've decided that I'll build one..........

Letcha no how it goes........... first step = get lottsa duct tape.

OT
You may want to check out the childrens stores for wagons and carts some of them maybe sturdy enough to start with and then add a rod holder...

Thinking outloud... what about one of those roll along hockey bags? Now sure how rugged the wheels are....
I'll need balloon tires for sand so a regular wagon won't do.

Also hope to make it as light and corrosion resistance as possible so it has postive buoyancy and won't sink if run off the edge of a pier..............
One of these would have been useful in Florida. Ken and I were chatting about finding/building a cart for our gear next time.... to save our energy and time.
No kidding they save TONS of time........... my Dad had a good size commercially made aluminum frame cart (similar to the photo in my first post here) while he lived in Florida - he had replaced the wheels with even larger/wider expensive inflatable PVC balloon tire/ball bearing assemblies that cost just about as much as the cart did - it was a dream to use, even in deep loose beach sand.......... and very light......... he gave it to a buddy before he moved back here.

It was good - but wasnt something you'd want to haul from here to Florida and back because of its size, and footprint...............

My idea is to make something that I can optionally dismantle partially - for the longer road trips to minimize the space gobbling aspect.
(01-10-2013 03:57 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]No kidding they save TONS of time........... my Dad had a good size commercially made aluminum frame cart (similar to the photo in my first post here) while he lived in Florida - he had replaced the wheels with even larger/wider expensive inflatable PVC balloon tire/ball bearing assemblies that cost just about as much as the cart did - it was a dream to use, even in deep loose beach sand.......... and very light......... he gave it to a buddy before he moved back here.

It was good - but wasnt something you'd want to haul from here to Florida and back because of its size, and footprint...............

My idea is to make something that I can optionally dismantle partially - for the longer road trips to minimize the space gobbling aspect.

Wow sounds like the dream cart LOL.

Yes, Ken was mentioning a possibly collapsible cart so we could bring to-and-fro...

If we're ever down there with my truck we could always improvise with a "stray" shopping cart.... Angel
(01-12-2013 03:17 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]If we're ever down there with my truck we could always improvise with a "stray" shopping cart.... Angel

A definitely NO to the shopping cart...we just look like hobos then...they may arrest us and force us off the pier/bridge...Rolleyes

I have three collapsible carts at home, two of which could be suitable to handle cooler and tackle bags...I think those are the way to go. Tongue
(01-12-2013 06:14 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2013 03:17 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]If we're ever down there with my truck we could always improvise with a "stray" shopping cart.... Angel

A definitely NO to the shopping cart...we just look like hobos then...they may arrest us and force us off the pier/bridge...Rolleyes

LOLOL you know... I wanted to go after the complete look to match my new beard.... Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's