You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2014 Multi-Species Challenge Proposal
04-09-2014, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 09:16 PM by MuskieBait.)
RE: 2014 Multi-Species Challenge Proposal
Well, when the honour system is not operated with honour...it shows how the system fails...even if we are all honourable Canadians Tongue

I'm just pointing out the issues.

Yes, because I'm kept up-to-date with your catches, and Eli's catches, through personal communications, I'm most aware of the happenings. It is hard for me to keep track of other member's entries...and that is up to Nick this year to keep everything fair. But to say that you and Eli had to be more accountable than others due to my clarity of the issue, which is then making it seems less fair for you two, is not true. I kept everything completely unbiased last year and I'm trying to uphold the same standard this year. That is the fairness I see. I am just as critical about entries this year as a participant as I am last year as a non-participating contest judge. You can remember several occasions where I asked for clarifying pictures and even disqualified entries...and I also kept you honest on entries that lacked badges. Tongue

As I said to Michael in our personal communication...even forum owner should not get a free pass...in fact, forum owner should set a proper example in the contest...if there are rules, then it should be applied to all equally...fair is fair...regardless of friendship or forum ownership or forum seniority.

The example made here is that 1) honour systems is not often honourable even for a "fun" contest, 2) lack of a good monitoring system will cause grievances, and 3) people call it fun and games but the games are taken more seriously and with less fun.

If this is a fun contest, then there should be no need to deceive or omit. Since this is a fun contest and nothing is at stake here (aside from bragging right of course Tongue), then there should even be less incentive to deceive...but yet, here we are with this discussion. Boy, if there were prizes, this would get downright ugly! Thankfully there are no prizes.

Again, I agree with Eli's view point that "home waters" should be considered, thus I have no issue with Eli's entries initially. But driving 6 hours to fish outside of Ontario certainly isn't considered "home waters". Driving 10 minutes to fish outside of Ontario is a different story though.

I'm trying to uphold the honour in the system. Public stoning is sometimes required. Shoot me if you like Tongue

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2014 Multi-Species Challenge Proposal - MuskieBait - 04-09-2014 08:32 PM