You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Is Made in China all that bad?
05-21-2014, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 03:39 PM by OldTimer.)
RE: Is Made in China all that bad?
(05-20-2014 04:41 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Check this out. I know how I'll spend my next $150 when I have it...

http://www.alanhawk.com/reviews/lth10.html

IMPORTANT NOTE: This reel is made in China...under the QC guidelines and standards of Fin-Nor, a company that had established for quality for quite some time. This is not your over-the-internet, eBay, AliExpress, Amazon seller that sells Chinese manufactured products without much reputation behind the company.

This is to say that don't judge everything based on the place of manufacturing, but rather who is designing and producing these products...and the product itself.

Even so, some reputable companies, like Abu Garcia, Penn and Quantum, make their products in China. And their Chinese made product is far inferior compared to products of the same company made in Sweden (Abu) or USA (Penn). You have to judge each product as its own case.

In this case, the Fin-Nor Lethal 100 is a win. Probably none of the members here will ever get a reel that size to use...but it is an illustration that China made goods are not always bad...although most are pretty bad the majority of the time. It depends on the decision the company made in the design and standard of the product.

** Seriously...brass and stainless steel gearing...and secondary dog clutch...and all sealed bearings...and high number of carbon washers...no-fail magnetic bail...need I say more? Drool...

http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum/Thr...r-under-20

(04-08-2014 01:26 AM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Wow...I just had to reply...

Before you start mouthing off everything and putting Chinese manufacturing and government on the pedestal...

1) Chinese online sellers do not innovate...they STEAL original designs from other reputable companies like Shimano and Daiwa and produce cheap replicas of junk with poor material and workmanship. Support these crooks and you sell your integrity for a cheap discount.

2) Yes, Chinese online sellers use the internet to launder money. Yes, let's support dirty money and more of it...because it will make a better world and benefit the honest Chinese workers who earn next to nothing while these crooks take advantage of everyone that works for them or with them.

3) Yes, China has buying power and Chinese are taking over international properties and assets. So were the Japanese post war. Read a little about what happened to the Japanese when they spend most of their hard earned money to own Manhattan and the US...and see how that affected the failure of their economy and banking system. History lessons should be learned.

4) As someone working in the medical research field, and coworker with many Chinese-Canadians who used to hold prestigious positions in China including radiation oncologists, cardiologists, professors...etc, none of them are willing to conduct research in China...in a field where integrity is demanded and expected. Time and time again examples were shown where published results from China were fabricated and false results were reported. So much for improvement in quality in a field where human lives are at stake. If these professional cannot uphold integrity, forget the crooks such as businessmen.

Keep drinking the Kool-aid...

I'm not saying Chinese is not gaining economic and political positions in the world...but to say that supporting these online business is helping innovations and improvement in standard...it is laughable. You simply do not know what you are talking about.

And yes, I AM CHINESE and I do have family in Hong Kong and China and I do watch the CHINESE GOVERNMENT CONTROLLED news. The things that goes on in China scares me...and that's why I have very little interest in returning to and working in China unless for reputable international companies as a rep in China.

I'm losin' track here - things change so quickly…………. but.... “opinions may vary” as I say………..smile

I still like their egg rolls and pineapple balled chicken…………. Big grin.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Made in China all that bad? - MikeH - 05-21-2014, 07:54 AM
RE: Is Made in China all that bad? - OldTimer - 05-21-2014 03:38 PM
RE: Is Made in China all that bad? - Eli - 06-12-2014, 12:01 AM