You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Is Made in China all that bad?
05-23-2014, 05:49 AM
RE: Is Made in China all that bad?
(05-22-2014 07:49 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Then I wish you luck finding a Canadian reel manufacturer for spinning and casting reels...not simply Canadian owned company...but Canadian designed and manufactured products. Yes, there are Canadian companies that makes fly reels and centerpin reels. As far as I know, such thing is like the limit of some math functions...DOES NOT EXIST.

The best we have for North American made is Penn, Accurate, Avet, Van Staal and ZeeBass being "common"...South Bend, Pflueger and Shakespeare "sold out" long time ago already...and most of the spinning reels that Penn produced as well as many of the low end conventional gear are also offshore produced too. You won't get a US made Penn unless you are willing to spend on a Torque ($660 for the spinner or $450 for the star drag), selected Senator reels such as Baja Special, 116L and 117L, or the Penn International series of reels.

Unless you are willing to shell out at least $200 for a reel (Avet SX being the cheapest US made reel from that list of manufacturer), good luck trying to find a cheaply priced reel that is US made.

Like I said...there's a difference between supporting Penn's offshore production reels vs. AliExpress user XYZ's reel.

Until that time, you're just buying offshore products...and crying over spilled milk about offshore production. Good luck finding the unicorn (cheap, quality, Canadian). Smile

That is exactly the problem. We collectively supported it's growth, and sadly continue to do so. Like lemmings into the sea.

I do not recall stating anything re sources of Canadian reels.

Both in my personal life and in business - I've found that "spilt milk" , can, with effort and conviction be wiped up eventually.

Like I always say "opinions may vary".

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Made in China all that bad? - MikeH - 05-21-2014, 07:54 AM
RE: Is Made in China all that bad? - OldTimer - 05-23-2014 05:49 AM
RE: Is Made in China all that bad? - Eli - 06-12-2014, 12:01 AM