You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Whirlwind through Central Canada
09-12-2016, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2016 12:03 AM by zippyFX.)
RE: Whirlwind through Central Canada
Yep that's the guy from rough fish. Another guy is SK Justin.

We have not driven the route in over 15 years now unfortunately. But next time.... Smile

The North Sask was weird this summer. Very, very, low... The weird thing is that with all the shifting sandbars there was still decent current as they filled in around the water increasing the flow rate. People getting stranded on shifting sandbanks is always a concern in Saskatoon. As I canoed one stretch there were still alot of locals fishing so the fish were likely still there. I managed an unexpected Pike in about 30 minutes.

From what I have seen most of the suckers are in the current and not in the slack water there. I think the areas with more current have a rockier bottom were as most of the banks have had sand wash up on them. The person I saw catching the most suckers was casting dead center of the river were the current was greatest and he picked up three in under an hour. My stowed gear in Saskatoon is a medium setup and I did not have a rod capable of throwing the required weight so I just had to sit and watch.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whirlwind through Central Canada - zippyFX - 09-12-2016 11:59 PM