You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Search Results
Post Author Forum Replies Views Thanked [asc]
  Thread: Avoiding bad Salmon river fishing practices

Here's what I personally believe... I fish for spawning steelhead because when they are spawning they will continue to feed to some degree. Some steelheads spawn in the fall, but a majority of them s...
MuskieBait General Discussion 9 7,647 09-08-2012, 09:54 PM
  Thread: Avoiding bad Salmon river fishing practices

We all have different takes on what is acceptable with regards to fishing for spawning fish. For some anglers – the position is vastly different by species. (best example – bass versus salmonid) Con...
OldTimer General Discussion 9 7,647 09-08-2012, 02:57 PM
  Thread: Opinions on a drop shot rig for salmon

Fish with float, single hook and roe bag is fine. It is when you intentionally aim the line to pass right into the mouth and snag the mouth that is questionable. There is a difference there. I was ju...
MuskieBait General Discussion 15 10,667 09-07-2012, 03:30 PM
  Thread: Hooks: The Right Hook for the Job

On bait fishing hook sizes: There’s lots of different styles, sizes and colours of hooks out there…. Confusing isn’t it? [attachment=242] Hook sizes run in increasing size from 32…to…….1 (which is ...
OldTimer Articles and Resources 0 2,478 08-31-2012, 12:52 AM
  Thread: Single Hooks

A portion of my lures are single hook now, and half of those are barbless. Started this a few years back - since in our western provinces trebles and barbs are banned or frowned on in some lakes and r...
OldTimer General Discussion 4 1,688 08-28-2012, 03:36 AM
  Thread: Kept Fish - Handling and Storage

KILLING: The brain of most fish is located between its eyes and behind them (see pic below). [attachment=239] Your method of striking the fish with force in this area will kill the fish, but may t...
OldTimer Articles and Resources 9 7,856 08-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Lightbulb Thread: Kept Fish - Handling and Storage

Here’s a subject that I’d be interested in reading your responses – on how you handle things……… I would imagine that most of us throw back the greater percentage of what we catch, but occasionally it...
OldTimer Articles and Resources 9 7,856 08-26-2012, 12:05 AM
  Thread: Kept Fish - Handling and Storage

I use a stringer or if im using minnows i just use a bucket. I also eat mine the day they are caught but that doesnt happen very often:P
Alex.D. Articles and Resources 9 7,856 08-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Information Thread: Pier Fishing for Great Lakes Pacific Salmon

I thought with the fall shoreline pier, or river mouth, fishing for introduced pacific SALMON being close to starting that a quick run-down of the basics I use - might help a few of the newbie members...
OldTimer Articles and Resources 6 16,429 08-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Return to TopReturn to Content