You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fishing Licensing Exams?
10-12-2012, 03:46 PM
RE: Fishing Licensing Exams?
(10-12-2012 09:23 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  I wouldn't call it "crap", we can all be friends and enjoy fishing but I also feel we have to be mindful of the bad apples.

I can personally vouch for Giuga10's observations, we live in the same neighborhood and agree that we have to find something we can do to help.... I don't know what though...

Sorry abut how I made it sound. I meant it to be different. I meant that if we are all thinking passively, the real anglers will have no impact on the "bad guys". I definitely agree that we can all be friends but I was trying to put it in a way that sounded like, we cant always think of being friendly (not to make it sound like always be mean but, if there breaking the law you can't just let them carry on) because the conservative and law abiding anglers will be pushed around and will have to suffer from those who don't care.

Sorry for the confusion,
Giuga10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2012 07:01 AM by OldTimer.)
Perhaps this might be a good place to post this info:

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/Let...66027.html

To report a natural resources violation please call the toll free 1-877-TIPS-MNR reporting line at any time.

For anonymous calls please contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
10-13-2012, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2012 09:30 AM by MikeH.)
The antics of the white bucket brigade recently succeeded in getting high park and Grenadier pond switched to a no fishing zone due to the amount of fishing line and hooks being left in the weeds, tangling birds and wildlife. It now looks as if the pond will be split in half with the north end designated as no fishing. Obviously this won't work and its only a matter of time before the whole park is a no fishing zone. I firmly believe that bird and wildlife safety issues are how we will eventually lose most of the downtown fishing areas, such as Tommy Thompson Park and even the Islands.

If you go along with this "lets just all be friends" bullshit, the unlicensed snaggers will get fishing closed down, and ironically, the illegal fishers will have the whole thing to themselves.

So speak up, defend YOUR fishing spots, and tell them its illegal and to Fuck off.

http://www.fishingtoronto.com
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MikeH for this post:
Giuga10 (10-13-2012)
10-13-2012, 10:01 AM
(10-13-2012 09:29 AM)MikeH Wrote:  If you go along with this "lets just all be friends" bullshit, the unlicensed snaggers will get fishing closed down, and ironically, the illegal fishers will have the whole thing to themselves.

So speak up, defend YOUR fishing spots, and tell them its illegal and to Fuck off.

“Fishing Ambassador” huh.................?

See you on the river.
10-13-2012, 10:01 AM
(10-13-2012 09:29 AM)MikeH Wrote:  The antics of the white bucket brigade recently succeeded in getting high park and Grenadier pond switched to a no fishing zone due to the amount of fishing line and hooks being left in the weeds, tangling birds and wildlife. It now looks as if the pond will be split in half with the north end designated as no fishing. Obviously this won't work and its only a matter of time before the whole park is a no fishing zone. I firmly believe that bird and wildlife safety issues are how we will eventually lose most of the downtown fishing areas, such as Tommy Thompson Park and even the Islands.

If you go along with this "lets just all be friends" bullshit, the unlicensed snaggers will get fishing closed down, and ironically, the illegal fishers will have the whole thing to themselves.

All I can say is........ THANK YOU

Giuga10
10-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Quite frankly.......... I'd be very much more concerned with calming & dealing with the "birds and wildlife hugging" lobby or complaints driving this scenario. These are the ones promoting the "powers" to tell you to %$&* off............

See you on the river.
10-13-2012, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2012 07:02 PM by MichaelAngelo.)
Sad to hear about Grenadier pond and makes me wonder if proper education about leaving stray fishing line could have prevented this. Information about the impact of leaving stray fishing line could be made required reading for obtaining a fishing licence - it makes sense to me. Also, a regulation about abandoning fishing line wouldn't hurt.

If fishing line is especially damaging to wildlife, then it should be made especially clear that it is not to be left behind. To many, it's common sense not to leave your garbage on the bank... but not to everyone.

In California, there are special waste disposal buckets labeled specifically for fishing line.

This can become part of fishing culture and maybe the regulations. It has to be forced to the parents of this generation in order to become natural for the children to come. This is progress, it would not hurt to begin teaching fishing regulations just as they teach hunting regulations.

[Image: logobgs.png]
10-13-2012, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2012 07:08 PM by MuskieBait.)
There is no calming and dealing with the lobby groups. I invite you to come visit High Park on a summer day and see the activities that are going on. When the public that the majority of "anglers" are littering with worm containers, plastic bags, soda cans, water bottles..etc, abandoning fishing lines and hooks to have them lying about on the ground, and keeping undersized fish or leaving undersized fish to die, then it paints a terrible picture that REPRESENTS the entire angler group. It doesn't matter how many bags of garbage we try to pick up on our own, how many fish we release, how much line and hook we gather to clean up...these poorly behaving "anglers" are what the public sees. Unfortunately, so of the urban areas are REPRESENTED by these so called "anglers"...and the ethical, law abiding anglers are outnumbered.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
10-14-2012, 07:27 AM
(10-13-2012 07:05 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  There is no calming and dealing with the lobby groups.

It's over. The sky is falling. We're doomed............... smile.

Come on!

Good anglers do outnumber the jerks.

I think I'll do my best to help out the best I possibly can, and enjoy the sport while I'm at it............. beats chronic depression.... smile.

Cheers,

OldTimer

See you on the river.
10-14-2012, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2012 08:32 AM by OldTimer.)
(10-13-2012 07:01 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  In California, there are special waste disposal buckets labeled specifically for fishing line.

In the states the Berkley Conservation Institute has spearheaded and promotes fishing line recycling programs.

The Berkley Conservation Institute is funded primarily by PureFishing, Inc.

PureFishing, Inc. owns quite a few major fishing product brand names such as Shakespeare, Stren, Spiderwire, Mitchell, Johnson, Abu Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger………….etc…………..They are a major player and force and are in turn a subsidiary of the Jarden Corporation. Jarden is massive in size and complexity

The recycled fishing line is used to help make Berkley Fish-habs.

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/about/ber...-fish-habs

Watch the video here:

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/about/ber...-recycling

Cool huh?............... got ya thinking?………….

Cheers,

OldTimer

See you on the river.