You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fishing Reports
06-28-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: Fishing Reports
(06-28-2015 08:29 AM)zippyFX Wrote:  
(06-28-2015 12:11 AM)philantropie Wrote:  I was also lead into thinking if I signed up to the forum, I would be met with fishing reports but then I was met with a minimal amount of posts to view such content. I really don't have anything to say as I'm not an angular, I just spent $300 on fishing gear to catch some fish and I've been out 7 times and have caught nothing. Wish I didn't feel so mislead into seeing such things on the forum.

Sorry you feel that way. This is a community and the rules are in place for a reason. Have fun fishing.

Most definitely, I do agree.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Hi, with the warm winter and temps going up soon I would think Lake Ontario's rainbow should be hopping soon.
Find all posts by this user
03-29-2016, 11:00 AM
(03-29-2016 02:17 AM)xCowY Wrote:  1.....

"1" is ripe for removal. It is not contributory in nature, and it is not even a feeble attempt to post something worthwhile to read.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
04-10-2016, 05:56 PM
I'm also a member on another fishing board, and the number of people who visit and read without sharing information is staggering. Enforcing a minimum post requirement is a good way to get people contributing. I'm wondering if 15 posts might be a bit high as the limit. Members with a great deal of experience have tons of information to share, whereas newbies like myself have little to add (so far). Getting to 15 posts might be a bit tough for noobs (this is my 2nd post).
04-11-2016, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 06:05 AM by OldTimer.)
(04-10-2016 05:56 PM)Cottagebum Wrote:  I'm also a member on another fishing board, and the number of people who visit and read without sharing information is staggering. Enforcing a minimum post requirement is a good way to get people contributing. I'm wondering if 15 posts might be a bit high as the limit. Members with a great deal of experience have tons of information to share, whereas newbies like myself have little to add (so far). Getting to 15 posts might be a bit tough for noobs (this is my 2nd post).

Hey CottageBum,

It may be worth noting that as an option to 16 posts - you can also earn early access to the reports section by posting up a "first" report in that sub-section, - of suitable quality & pics(as judged by the moderator).

http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum/For...rst-Report

This is not so tough.

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
05-31-2016, 09:52 PM
Fyi... My first reports (2) from last spring are still in the my first report section. They never got posted. This sucks. Policy is great but it takes a lot for admins to take care assuming they have day jobs.

Not sure worthwhile for me to check this forum this season but will try next year.. Smile

But positive news to share... Finally got my first mooneye and they are much larger than I expected. I expected them to be as big as creek chub but it seems local river provide good sized mooneyes.
05-31-2016, 10:26 PM
(05-31-2016 09:52 PM)Bad Curry Wrote:  Fyi... My first reports (2) from last spring are still in the my first report section. They never got posted. This sucks. Policy is great but it takes a lot for admins to take care assuming they have day jobs.

Not sure worthwhile for me to check this forum this season but will try next year.. Smile

But positive news to share... Finally got my first mooneye and they are much larger than I expected. I expected them to be as big as creek chub but it seems local river provide good sized mooneyes.

There's only one admin...and as far as the admin, he's often too busy with something else...ahem...MA...

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

06-02-2016, 01:37 PM
Before we get a rope and pick out a tree........ perhaps MA has reason(s).

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
06-02-2016, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2016 04:18 PM by MuskieBait.)
(06-02-2016 01:37 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  Before we get a rope and pick out a tree........ perhaps MA has reason(s).

Oh, he definitely have reasons and that's fully understandable.

But if he's busy, maybe it is time to consider delegating some of the moderating responsibility to other members who are more active...instead of leaving the responsibility behind.

I'm being more critical because it's not the first time I've spoken to him in person about this issue...yet, the issue remains...

Malama o ke kai

06-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Seems fair enough to me. Weeds out those who aren't as dedicated I guess. In the meantime we can just fish the conservation areas and practice on smaller fish.