You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Free shipping at Bass Pro!
10-20-2013, 08:25 AM
RE: Free shipping at Bass Pro!
Or if in/visiting the Golden Horseshoe area next spring - the new Bass Pro just off the QEW will be open.................. Just shop in person.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores...newsID=441

http://www.oodmag.com/news/ontario-to-ge...-pro-shop/

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2013, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2013 08:46 AM by MuskieBait.)
(10-20-2013 08:25 AM)OldTimer Wrote:  Or if in/visiting the Golden Horseshoe area next spring - the new Bass Pro just off the QEW will be open.................. Just shop in person.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores...newsID=441

http://www.oodmag.com/news/ontario-to-ge...-pro-shop/

Unfortunately, the Bass Pro Shop in Canada does not (and will not) carry all the selection available in store that is available in their US stores or online.

For example, I can't find the Penn Spinfisher V here in Vaughn store...where as I've seen that in 3 different stores in the US (a couple of them in the Midwest). I've also seen saltwater gear in the inland US stores where as you can't find much if any in the Vaughn store. Yes, target market is very different...but hence the benefit of being able to shop online. Sometimes, it is not even freshwater vs. saltwater gear...the selection of available products is just that much poorer. There are some clothing items that I haven't been able to find at the Vaughn shops...like certain footware, shirts and pants, camping gear...etc.

Now...what would be great is the ability to extend the ship to local store for pickup option. They offer that option to ANY store in the US. I've used it before and it is super convenient. You make the purchase online or through the phone, the select the "ship to store" option and your order will be delivered to the specific store for oyu to pick up in person. It allows you to make sure the item will be available to you at your destination without having to worry if the store regularly stock the item or if the item is sold out. I've done that a couple of times now. All you have to do is to go to the counter with your order number. Your purchase is all packed and ready for you. The best thing is that this ship to store offer is FREE!!! You never have to pay for any shipping charge...you just have to make your order a couple of weeks in advance to your arrival. I wish we can ship the items to the Canadian store. Sad

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MuskieBait for this post:
Masfish (10-22-2013)
10-20-2013, 10:59 AM
(10-20-2013 08:40 AM)MuskieBait Wrote:  The best thing is that this ship to store offer is FREE!!! You never have to pay for any shipping charge...you just have to make your order a couple of weeks in advance to your arrival. I wish we can ship the items to the Canadian store. Sad

It is a pretty slick service.

When I got back from my family's California trip last summer, I tried returning a few things I had bought in the states... they said they couldn't do it because the items weren't on their Canadian inventory. After a long argument, I won... but it got a bit heated. Sad.

[Image: logobgs.png]
10-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Eh guys, I have been shopping at Sail lately. I find for most tackle, rods and reels they are much cheaper. Bass Pro has a better selection though.

Ifish,
Fish On
Cool
Find all posts by this user
10-27-2013, 08:05 PM
(10-27-2013 07:57 PM)ifish Wrote:  Eh guys, I have been shopping at Sail lately. I find for most tackle, rods and reels they are much cheaper. Bass Pro has a better selection though.

Ifish,
Fish On
Cool

Yeah I do most of my shopping at SAIL because it's on my way to work. I'm trying to teach myself to call ahead of time to make sure they have what I'm looking for.

[Image: logobgs.png]
10-28-2013, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 09:22 PM by ifish.)
(10-27-2013 08:05 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(10-27-2013 07:57 PM)ifish Wrote:  Eh guys, I have been shopping at Sail lately. I find for most tackle, rods and reels they are much cheaper. Bass Pro has a better selection though.

Ifish,
Fish On
Cool

Yeah I do most of my shopping at SAIL because it's on my way to work. I'm trying to teach myself to call ahead of time to make sure they have what I'm looking for.

Loll,
I tend to do the same now for certain products but hands down prices are cheaper for the most part. But bass pro has everything for example, basspro has the abu garcia record reels but Sail does not. Also, when you guys are looking for spoons Sail carries little Cleos and Bass Pro carries there brand labelled Flashy Times which are about a dollar cheaper which I have caught plenty of fish with,specifically salmon.

Ifish
FishOn
Cool
Find all posts by this user