You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Illegal to shore fish in Toronto Harbour !!
06-07-2012, 06:48 AM
RE: Illegal to shore fish in Toronto Harbour !!
Be cautious of what you may read in other forums. Some posts elsewhere may be confused regarding dates and timing re: the development of this issue.

I understand the facts to be:

- Executive Committee Review is still June 12

- Possible return to Toronto Council in July, based on outcome of review.

For pondering: How long would it take to issue requisitions to have these signs produced, hardware purchased and new supports manufactured, then plan the locations, produce installation drawings or work orders - then get the work underway?

For further pondering: Why now?

Far be it that person(s) attempt to manufacture "existing" restricted conditions.......... that will be grandfathered into the motion should it pass...........

But they are all honourable...............

"Et tu, Brute?" (Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar - III, i, 77)

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2012, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2012 07:50 AM by MikeH.)
My understanding from sources at City hall is that the Original Exec meeting decision was delayed to allow Parks time to install the new signs first, and that the outcome of the exec meeting will not affect the new parks signage, as the parks commissioner can choose which existing bylaws to enforce without councils approval (the nofishing bylaw already exists, it just needed to be sign posted to be put into effect).

Harbourfront centre have circumvented the democratic process currently underway by going direct to the parks commissioner, lets not forget that Harbourfront board has members that are also on city exec council, so they can just walk down the hall to the parks office, and set things up.

http://www.fishingtoronto.com
06-07-2012, 08:44 AM
(06-07-2012 07:49 AM)MikeH Wrote:  My understanding from sources at City hall is that the Original Exec meeting decision was delayed to allow Parks time to install the new signs first, and that the outcome of the exec meeting will not affect the new parks signage,

That's "grandfathering". And it's being used to achieve a purpose in blantant contradiction to the spirit of the motion.

See you on the river.
06-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Toronto city parks General manager 416-392-8182

Be polite, please take 2 minutes out of your day and call. Ask the admin to connect you with someone who can explain the reason for the new no fishing ban, which parks are affected and why there was no public consultation.

Two minutes out of your day to let them know this is not going past easily.

06-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Im wondering if it is illegal to fish from the shore at the Toronto Islands... been reading a lot of these threads and still not sure if it falls under the banned areas.
Find all posts by this user
06-12-2012, 04:28 PM
(06-10-2012 08:03 PM)Leafs42084 Wrote:  Im wondering if it is illegal to fish from the shore at the Toronto Islands... been reading a lot of these threads and still not sure if it falls under the banned areas.

Went to the Islands on Monday and saw several anglers. There were no signs on Wards Island for Centre Island.
06-13-2012, 06:53 AM
(06-07-2012 09:08 AM)MikeH Wrote:  Toronto city parks General manager 416-392-8182

Be polite, please take 2 minutes out of your day and call. Ask the admin to connect you with someone who can explain the reason for the new no fishing ban, which parks are affected and why there was no public consultation.

Since the Executive committee has lifted the ban now, can you please restore the info on http://fishontoronto.com - "Fishing the Toronto Islands" (and the other pages)? It's a great resource.

Thank you.
06-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Toronto SUN video June 17 2012:

http://www.torontosun.com/videos/1691696807001

See you on the river.
06-19-2012, 07:18 AM
(06-13-2012 06:53 AM)K. J. Wrote:  
(06-07-2012 09:08 AM)MikeH Wrote:  Toronto city parks General manager 416-392-8182

Since the Executive committee has lifted the ban now, can you please restore the info on http://fishontoronto.com - "Fishing the Toronto Islands" (and the other pages)? It's a great resource.

Thank you.

Done!
Would have been sooner but I was out of the country, and I have a geo-ip lock on the site control panel, so I had to wait to get back first.

11-21-2012, 11:28 PM
(11-21-2012 11:17 PM)syd Wrote:  So we can fish now in Toronto waterfront? Or I'm confused by now?

Yes you can.

Read this for the full sequence of events...so far.

http://torontourbanfishing.com/?page_id=52

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MikeH for this post:
MichaelAngelo (11-21-2012)