You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Inline vs offset manual auger?
01-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Inline vs offset manual auger?
Eying the sub $50, 8" manual auger from BPS, but I believe it is an inline auger. Would that make punching holes just that more difficult compared to an offset auger?

[Image: logobgs.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013, 11:23 PM
RE: Inline vs offset manual auger?
I won't be able to answer that question but I thought you might want to know this. Le Baron has some really nice sub $50 manual augers that me ad my dad were eyeing for a while. We even found one that I think was sub $40, we checked it out in store and it looked like a great auger. If you haven't already, you may want to check Le Baron also. Smile

Giuga10
01-17-2013, 11:40 PM
It's a preference thing...

I prefer offset since I can use both arms to rotate the auger...but when the going gets tough and you need to apply downward force, inline does a better job since you can put one hand on the top and rotate with the other.

I have an offset...but there are days I wish I have an inline...especially when there is 24" of ice to auger through.

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
01-18-2013, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2013 01:19 AM by Eli.)
Offset is the way to go. 8" fin-bore is the best manual auger you can get around here. Pay a little more and get a quality tool thats made in Sweden, not China.
Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Eli for this post:
MichaelAngelo (01-18-2013)
01-18-2013, 01:38 AM
(01-18-2013 01:18 AM)Eli Wrote:  Offset is the way to go. 8" fin-bore is the best manual auger you can get around here. Pay a little more and get a quality tool thats made in Sweden, not China.

LeBaron's got a good price on 'em... now I need one of their "no-tax" sales to pop up Big Grin

[Image: logobgs.png]