You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Lets See Your Tackle Box!
09-11-2017, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 09:43 AM by Skunkd.)
Lets See Your Tackle Box!
Just curious what everyone carries with them. I recently started fishing, so i bought a tackle box that opens and has has 3 trays, probably a typical box, i bought from Sail.

Well i've now loaded it, probably carrying more than i need to. I'm sure it would make sense to only bring whatever i am targeting that day, but i like to have everything with me, and try different things.

The box is quite heavy now and cumbersome, when i'm carrying the box a net and 2 rods etc. I'm thinking of switching to a backpack.

Post pics of of your box or pack. I'm thinking of getting a shimano blackmoon pack, unless people have other recommendations!

thanks!
Here are some options i'm looking at (leaning towards the Wild River because of price):

Wild River Pack - $237
https://www.amazon.ca/Wild-River-WT3604-...ck+fishing

Shimano Blackmoon - $377
https://www.amazon.ca/Shimano-Blackmoon-...ck+fishing
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2017, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 11:00 PM by wknd outdoorsman.)
RE: Lets See Your Tackle Box!
Hey Skunked!
Last year I was in the same situation as you where I've grown my tackle selection so much that I needed a better way to manage it, especially while walking the shores and banks of lakes and rivers. I guess that is the life of a shore angler. I must admit that my style of fishing I do is a lot of moving, if I am not catching. Up until last year I exclusively carried a spider wire soft tackle bag with a shoulder strap, pictures here:

While this bag carried a ton of stuff, I found that I carried way too much and with it just one strap it got cumbersome over long distances and I would constantly have to put it down when fishing. And that would not be possible if I was wading into the water. Because if this I shelled out for a This back pack:

It's a Rapala "flasher / camera bag" I think it was made for ice fishing but it works just fine for me. It's got a rod holder on each side or the bag and a main front bag compartment that has a two stage opening. As you can see it can fit 4 3700 size utility boxes. I usually always keep a hand towel, a few soft plastic baits and a bottte of water on me as well. My scissors and pliers are in the side pockets

The bag so far seems to be very durable, the zippers are strong and don't malfunction and the straps and back are padded for comfort. I also think it look pretty cool as well. Not that it matters
09-12-2017, 03:24 PM
Here's my fav for the last 44 years.

I have a closet full of tackle boxes and gear, but this is the one I actually carry with me shore fishing.

For me - less is more, and way lighter. If it gets wet.... so what.

US Army WWII cotton twill bag with side pockets - I replaced the original strap 10 or so years ago with a used cotton belt.

Contents vary according to target(s).

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Hey OT!
Do you know where I could get a patch like the one on your bag.
09-13-2017, 06:40 AM
(09-12-2017 09:32 PM)wknd outdoorsman Wrote:  Hey OT!
Do you know where I could get a patch like the one on your bag.

You do see them occasionally on E-Bay.

I don't think the OFAH stocks them any more.

This one is the original style that was discontinued in the 80's without the word "Inc."

More current versions do have the word "Inc" on them and are slightly different in size and quality.

Cheers,

OldTimer.

See you on the river.
09-13-2017, 09:00 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

Wknd - that looks like a great pack! Exactly what I'm looking for. Holders on the outside for a rod and maybe a net. Room for about 4 boxes, and extra storage space for all the other tools.

OT - I know your set up is what I should be doing. Deciding what I am targeting, and only bringing what is necessary. Travel light, and save my back. Something to strive towards.

I took a pic of my tackle box. Will have to figure out how to post a picture.

Thanks guys
09-14-2017, 12:59 PM
(09-13-2017 09:00 PM)Skunkd Wrote:  I took a pic of my tackle box. Will have to figure out how to post a picture.

Thanks guys

http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum/Thr...d-Pictures

Cheers,

OldTimer

See you on the river.
09-14-2017, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 03:03 PM by Skunkd.)
Would like to pack all this into a convenient back pack. the bottom compartment is soft plastics, extra line, weights, bobbers, pliers, gloves, etc.

[Image: 95nfbkj.jpg]
09-14-2017, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 04:21 PM by OldTimer.)
You really need to get some mud, scales, fish blood and eye balls in there. Plus a lot of teeth marks and scrapes on the lures............... grin

Tip:

The soft worms may chemically attack the tackle box trays over time or when super heated in the car trunk on a hot day. Cutting some light cardboard to fit the tray bottoms in those slots might save you some grief and damage.

Cheers,

OldTimer

See you on the river.